Total Pageviews

Monday 30 April 2018

Sunday Landsend fishery open

Had 26 booked in for today and 25 showed up, so not to bad these days, and looking around some of the other matches in the area, they all seemed fairly well attended.
Judith came along today with the promise of a good breakfast, and a nice dry day, well the breakfast was nice as always, 4.85, it was dry, but as for nice, it certainly wasnt, it was bloody freezing with a brisk North easterly wind, but 2 out of three ain't bad.
Got the draw underway and I let Judith draw for me, and she handed me peg 42 on lake three, only one good weight of here for a long time, and that was Anton page a couple of weeks ago who caught slapping on the end of the island, but that was back when we had our summer, and today that cold wind was blowing in and across from the far side straight in at us, much to Judith disgust, company wise I had Paul faiers to my right on end peg 41, Jason Radford to my left, opposite on 70 was the ample form of calum Craig who had made the journey up from Dorset to have a go, John white was directly opposite so I could keep a close eye on the pound side bet, also through the trees a bit further up was Terry "niblet"green, who I havnt seen for a while, also he had made the drive up from dorset, on the other lake kev molten was in attendance, good to see him back as he hasn't fished for 14 months.
Several rigs today, a silvers rig for caster at top set and  one , a pellet rig up the edge, a meat rig for 5 mtrs on front of a small  weedbed slightly to my right, and a couple of pellet rigs for up and down the island shelf.
At the start I fed all lines and started on the short caster line, and to be fair I caught small roach from the off, and I was going to be targeting the silvers more so as this end of the lake seems to be the place where the silvers seem happiest, but it is about 18 inches deeper than the rest of the lake, due to the aerater pushing the silt out.
Calum opposite started well with smallish carp against the weedbed to his right, and he caught small carp steadily for the first few hours, but he was getting the small resident fish, the bigger fish seemed to be further up the lake, and as the match went on russ peck on 50, Gerry Welch on 51 and Chris fox on 62 seemed to be doing the best, also the old groaner Mark poppleton on 65 was having a torrid , as the peg has a lot of issues with a weedbed, but it is stuffed with fish, but I think he ran out of floats and  hooks , so packed up before the end, tipping 60lb back and leaving , but to be fair he was very philosophical about , admitting there are plenty of fish in the peg, but it's a brutal one .
I couldn't get a carp from my island , margin or meat lines till the last hour, when some fish turned up, I had one from the meat line, and four from the left hand margin, good fish aswell , as these margin fish seem to be.
Before that I had caught some silvers, certainly double figures which I thought would be enough to take  the silvers pool on the lake, I did have two go out to 11 mtrs to continue getting bites, but I did have a few better skimmers out there, along with two f1,s form the island and another on the caster line.
I was second to weigh, Paul had 46lb in the corner, my silvers went 15lb

and my 5 carp pulled the needle round to 37lb, for 52lb, I won the silvers, but as expected the fish seemed to be up the lake a bit, apart from Calum who had just over 60lb, which got him third on the lake, Mark you should have weighed. Chris fox won the lake from 62  with 124lb with russ peck opposite him on 50 coming second with 70lb plus.
Weigh sheets below, which show the match lake was the place to be with 5 weights over 100lb with Martin rayet on peg 24 with over 180lb, well done matey, even now  joe McMahon seems to have turned the corner and returned over 100lb.


No comments:

Post a Comment