Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Viaduct spring league rnd 3

But late with this post, been a bit busy . Stopped for breakfast at the Toby in whitchurch for very with Judith and Chris fox before travelling down , chris,s wife Caroline also joined us for the food as it's only 3 mins from home for us, and it was ok , 4.2.
Still got to viaduct with 15 minutes to spare before the draw, Saturdays match fished quite well with a lot of mugging going on, so everyone was expecting a bit of a repeat performance,
Drew towards the end of the queue and wasn't to upset to see 86 on the ticket, would have been happier on Campbell , I'm not even sure where that lake is anymore!!!.
Steady wander up to the peg, with the normal chat with the serial flyer drawbags, got there with an hour to get ready, a few fish on the top but it didn't look quite right to be mugging to many.

Judith was happy as we were in the sun all day, last time we were in the shade with no chance of any warmth, totally different today, it was baking.
I was end peg in my section with the rest of it out of sight due to a big bush to my right, so no chance of being what was going on, but I fully expected to be beaten by several of those pegs, 74\77\78\81\85, unless I could get a run of muggers.
I set up a wag rod for 25 mtrs, a mugging /shallow rig, a deep pellet rig and a meat rig for short, which I didn't expect to catch on as it hasn't begun to work yet, and today was no exception, with only a few people catching odd fish on, so I won't be mentioning that again, I could see Chris fox right down in the bottom corner on 109 which could be ok as there was a fair bit of  scum  floating down there.
At the start I began on the shallow rig whilst keeping a look out for approaching water pigs.
It took about 15 minutes to book my first fish, which I mugged at about 7mtrs, but the book pulled at the net and my rig was up the tree, bugger.
And as the match progressed it became clear the fish weren't going to play ball today, there were a few caught early doors but the lake seemed to shut down for most, I can't right to much more to be honest, as not a lot really happened.
Apart from peg 90 'll the anglers I could see were sat there fairly motionless, lead , waggler , pole nothing was working, I could  hear plenty of splashing from the right hand bank, but as I couldn't see anyone I could only surmise I was getting battered.
I did end up with 5 carp for 56lb and 13lb of accidental skimmers, I had 2 shallow on the pole, one deep in the pole and two in the wag, I did lose a few foulers but that is the nature of the beast .
There were three weights over 100lb from some of the pegs I couldn't see, so that's my league done and dusted for this year, 
Too weight on the day was Paul elmes on 135 with 250lb beating the ever consistent Craig " trig"Edmunds into second with 220lb off 114.
Weigh sheets as always below.



No comments:

Post a Comment