Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 December 2018

Thursday silvers league, Shiplate farm

Only a dozen fishing this match, which is a shame as Ron stark is doing a good job, trying to give everyone a chance of a day's fishing by trying to peg it with comfort in mind, who would be a match organiser eh, lol.
First into the draw bucket and hoping for a peg between 1 and 9 as the wind would be mainly off our backs, the pegs to avoid were 9a/10 and 11 as the icy easterly was blowing in and across them, I opened the ticket and number 5 was on it, I waited with fingers crossed hoping no REDRAW was called, but no all was good , so of I wandered to my peg, it's in the middle of the near bank, and generally a good skimmer peg, they tend to be smaller along this bank, with the bulk of the bigger skimmers preferring the far bank for some reason, company wise I had the old stalwart Jim Thomas on 6 and the even older Ray Wickham on 4, to be honest I'm not to far behind.
Three rigs today, a caster.rig for short 5 mtrs, in 3 foot of water. Two .4g affairs to fish 11 and 13 mtrs over groundbait.
On the whistle  I cupped a couple balls at 11 mtrs with caster in and two at 13 mtrs on a different angle With some soaked micro, s,
I began on the short line but never had a bite on maggot or caster, and I did give it a couple more goes during the match, but never had a touch on it, I think due mainly to the fact the peg is very shallow out to about 7mtrs. So to cut a long blog much shorter I spent most of the match switching between the two longer lines, with single maggot being the best bait, it was never busy fishing with a bit of a wait normally for each bite. And when they did come the skimmers.were 2 to 5oz, I did get one of a pound on my first put in, and one of about 1 1/2 lb towards the end, I also lost two better ones during the match with the maggot going over the point of the hook, at the end I thought I may have 8lb ish, and was happy.to see.The scales bounce round to 11lb, so a section win it was then, so still right in the mix for the league, I felt.For the anglers opposite as it looked really.cold, so fairplay.to dave wride, Mike Jones and Keith Fisher for sticking it out. Any way weigh sheet below as normal.
Off to viaduct for the last round of there silvers league this weekend, I'm doing absolutely no good whatsoever in this league, but I'm still going as it's a decent size match to try and win,

No comments:

Post a Comment