Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 August 2020

Finally got round to it

 Last Thursday it was the huntstrete coffin dodgers on bridge pool, as this blog is so late I will keep it very short .draw bag Dave Gillard pulled out peg 14 for me, good silvers area and a lot of f1,s frequent the island, unfortunately it's a full 18mtrs to reach it, so I decided to drop short at 16mtrs and try and catch shallow on pellet, but I was going to hopefully do that towards the end of the match as I fancied some silvers fishing, and with the payout the same for overall and silvers it's always the anglers choice as what he fancies on the day, so I set up a deep rig for topset and two, and a caster.rig for each side margin in 3 foot, for company I had Mike nicholls to my left who was going to target carp, and Dave "diddly bonk" haines to my right who was going to silver bash.

At the start I cupped in a couple of balls of groundbait on the short line, fired some pellet across towards the island, and fed caster into each side margin, starting in caster short I had a couple of skimmers, then I struggled to get my rig to settle as small roach became a nuisance, Mike to my left was doing well on his paste rig so even this early he was looking favourite to win.

I thought I would try shallow with the margin caster rig, and I've had a good few hours fishing on that, catching some.nice skimmers with lots of small roach, I fed caster quite aggressively, if I eased up the roach became a nuisance, so I kept up with the heavy feeding, I ran out of caster with 90minutes to go and the skimmers disappeared, so the last 90minutes I went over to the island in banded.pellet, and had a few.f1,s, never enough to win overall on the day as Mike had nearly 140lb, but I did have 40+ of silvers and mud 20,s of f1,s , which we enough to win the silvers and come second on the day, so a nice days fishing and a few.quid aswell.


Weigh sheets below as normal.

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment