Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 March 2022

Sun/mon/thurs

Sunday and me and Chris fox headed along the m4 and on to ivy house for round four of the individual winter league. My turn to be on the old match lake and chis on kingfisher(old canal) Into the table tip draw and picked up ticket 12, would have preferred 8 , 10 or 18, but hopefully there would be a few carp about, bait was really simple today, just a tin of corn and a few micros, only.two rigs, one for 13 mtrs, and another 16 mtrs whuch is the fishery limit, agonisingly short of where i wanted to be, in the slightly shallower water closer to the island. I had jamie dixey to my left on ten, and he was able to get into the shallower water closer to the island, i couldn't see him making a mistake today, on the whistle i cupped in corn at 13 mtrs, and some.at 16 mtrs. By the time i had finished feeding jamie was.playing a carp, writing on the wall then. I started at 13 mtrs and had a small.skimmer, stuck with it for a while, and had a couple more skimmers, jamie was flying by now, soft pellet in abiut 2 foot of water just short of the island, it took me a while to catch when i went across, and the peg got a bit stronger towards the end, and i ended up with 9 carp and a few skimmers, jamie had easily.won the lake with 92 lb , with stu foale on 18 having 46lb to my 45, so a few bites and i enjoyed it, well done to jamie who was top weight on the day. Sheets below.
monday and down the a38 to bridgwater and the sedges for the silvers match which today was on tile lake, nice fishery breakfast (4.8) excellent value for money. I fancied a peg between 31 and 35, nearly.last.to draw and ended up.with 33, happy with that. It turned out to be a hard match, rained most of the day but the wind waśnt to bad, rob birch to my left and john dursley on my right, i fed three lines with the usual groundbait and caster, but its been a grind, odd skimmers from all lines but no patttern to it, i think the fish just didnt want to feed . Ending up with 13lb, top on the day was rob dodd on 27 with 21lb, and mr.dursley came second with 20lb, well done to them.
Lastly and huntstrete on withy pool for dave gillards silvers pairs league, 5th round. Pegs to avoid if possible today were pegs 67 and 68, bugger.pulled out peg 67, i think its been last in the section every match so far, i had john(i didnt think I had that) thompson to my right on 66, different section luckily as its a very consistent silvers peg, and to my left was Chris ollis, Again its been tough as expected, i fished 4 lines, 5 mtrs for a caster line( not a bite there all day), 13 mtrs in front with some groundbait with some caster and dead maggots in, 14 mtrs to my right with the same, and a caster line at 16mtrs straight out in front. I have had a bonus at 13 mtrs in the shape of a 2lb perch, and a 1lb skimmer on the 16mtr caster line, other than that it was a case of moving round the two groundbait lines picking up the odd small fish from each one, my. Bonus 2lb perch won me the section as i had 7lb dead of silvers, jeff francis on 69 had 5lb, so a tough section, end peg 71 had 4 carp and a few silvers for 45lb which was top overall weight, but top silver weight went to kev winstone on peg 45 with 13lb, well done, poor chris to my left had a tough one, probably not helped with the peg being shallower than those around it. sheets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment