Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Sunday monday

Firstly condolences to bob warrens family, another one gone, tragic.😢😢. sunday and avalon for rons silvers league, frozen over so ice breaking again, 3 rd match on the trot, getting a bit tedious now, drew.peg 28, more than happy as it was the end to be lasy match, lee jan to my right on the end peg and mat williams on my left, not to much to talk about really, 5 , 4 roach, 14oz and thanks for coming, hopefully this will be my dropper, lee had a few late fish on my right to end up with just over 4lb, well done, mat on my left blanked, ut it was all done in high spirits, we had a laugh, nothung else to do really, well done super sub lee macey on the win with over 10lb on 33 , and his travelling partner martin rayet on 29 with over 9lb. I cant think of to much to say really, i was that bad i even lost another quid to kev winstone,
Monday and back to the sedges for the silvers match, tile lake today. Another lovely Denise breakfast, then into the draw bucket, ping pong ball 27 , the lake had some ice on it, jamie had been out in the boat and the aeraters were going, so lots of fragmented ice about, i like to break my own swim normally, but there a some anglers fishing that would have struggled so jamie did the right thing, company today was tom ratenbury on my right and somerset anglings finest steve kedge to my left, who i have a quid with each match, even though he beat me last time down here , i think he will agree that its been a bit one sided .
i had to clear ice , managed to clear to nearly 14mtrs, kedgy had open water in front, so he had the option of fishing the feeder, i set up one rig, it would do all , 11mtrs, 14 mtrs,in front and to the left, and 16mtrs to the left as the ice melted, just before the start i managed to push a big ice sheet to my left in front of steve, but hes he's seen it all before and just pushed in on again into walley,s and alex,s peg, they started a bit late as they had to deal with the sheet before thwy could wet a line, i fed all lines with groundbait with a few pinkies and maggots. Steve began on the tip, steve had 4 skimmers before i had a bite, all on the tip. I had my first bite after 40minutes, bumped it, aaaargh, could be crucial. But as the match went on, i started getting odd bites, and it was nip and tuck between myself and steve, i ended with 9 skimmers, and a big hybrid, steve had pretty much the same, but luckily, mine were of a slightly better stamp as mine went 16lb to steves 13lb, so the win and kedgy,s pound was mine, haha, thurd was jess jordan on peg 35 with 10lb, which was opposite me , so the middle of the lale was the place to be, no picture of the weigh sheet cos i forgot to take one, 😕😕

No comments:

Post a Comment