Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 November 2018

Viaduct silvers league round 3

Travelled with Chris fox today, and for a change we stopped at the cross keys pub at lydford on the fosse, a good shout as the food was really good, tasty and hot, so I will definitely be stopping there again, they open at 7.30 Monday to Saturday and 8am on Sundays.
Into the fishery, and got into the draw queue early, dipped into the bucket and I only go and pull out peg 80 on cary, not a peg of choice as it's the shallowest peg on the lake, not ideal as we have had some frosts this week, and the lake had gone clear, it's probably half.The depth of most other pegs on the lake, I had Roland Lucas to my right on 78, and the other side of the spit was John fuidge. Knowing how shallow it was I set up a couple of drennan as4 floats .2g size , one for against the spit to my left where some big perch and hybrids can show up, and the other was to fish at 14 mtrs out and slightly to my right, a.3g in the same pattern to fish to hand just in case some roach decided to feed closer in, but I did try it several times for no return , so another wasted hook.
I also set up.a wag to fish corn at about 25 mtrs, but the wind was blowing in and across from the left, I tried it a couple of times aswell but it was tripping back towards me to much to be affective, all in all its been a bad day for me, the only place I could catch was on the 14.5 mtr line off to the right , I did  hook three decent skimmers in the first 30 minutes, I had a jumper come off, another fell off, and I landed the third, the rest of the match was spent catching small roach, apart from 2 x 6oz skimmers and a perch of the same size, and as the match progressed even they dissapeared, so all in all a bad day for me,I was slightly miffed I never had any of the decent perch and hybrids against the spit, also I had to contend with the coot from hell which took every opportunity when I wasn't watching to dive down on the casters against the spit and eat them all. I eventually weighed in 6.14 which surprisingly beat two people in the section, John to my  left on the other side of the spit won the section with 14lb, and Roland to my right was second with 12lb, the lakes fished hard , but Dan white on 59 lodge lake came out good with just over 30lb, as for the league , my attempt for glory is well and truly scuppered, hopefully there is always next year lol. Top ten listed below, well done to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment