Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 October 2018

Ivy house Sunday open

Hadn't been to ivy for what seems like an age, so Jason and me headed up the m4 to give it a go, on the two canals today.
The breakfast was very nice cooked as always by karen, 4.7.
19 fishing today so Andy gave everybody at least on empty peg to one side, got into the draw bucket just in front of that renowned bunghole angler des shipp, out comes 48 on kingfisher canal, three from the far end , Alan oram won off it the day before with 50+, so hopefully there should still be a few about, and I had Alan for company on end peg 50. It was a bit cold as the wind was blowing into us, so streaming eyes.For the duration it is then.
Most people favour the soft pellet over micro approach, but not for me, banded 6 over hard 4,s, as normal.
So a rig to fish pellet at 8 and 13mtrs, also another to fish hard pellet again at 14 mtrs which was part the way up the far shelf, I also set up a rig for maggot over the deeper lines also over a groundbait line topset and two off to the left at the bottom of the nearside shelf, the sun was out to give me a bit of warmth, but the wind was biting.
I began on the 8mtr line and had a couple of small stockies in the first hour, so it wasn't  fishing to well, as far as I could see no one was doing anything, it's not like there weren't any fish in front of us, as both Alan and me were getting odd liners and losing a  fouler or two, it was just a case of rotating around the various swims, catching odd fish, Alan and me had a bit of a peg to peg battle, and going into the last 15 minutes I probably just had the edge, then he went and caught a couple of better fish for 5lb, Alan was first to weigh and had just over 30lb to my 25, as I said it was hard to say the least, I probably had more fish than Alan but he had the quality I couldn't find, but it didn't matter as Alan was 4th and I think I was 5th, both out of the money, des drew end peg 35 on moorhen, and he was never going to make a mistake and won easily with 60 something pounds, I did take a picture of the weigh sheet, but I somehow managed to get the  names but no weights, doh.
The fishery under Andy and Karen's guidance will go from strength to strength as they are constantly striving to improve things, Andy has also had another lake  dug on the right hand side in what was the orchard, it's a 24 peg lake with an island for everyone, also he has a 16 mtr pole limit, the spoil from the new lake has gone into the main lake to form an island so everyone has something to fish to, the islands are.generally 20 mtrs or more out in front, so wag and lead fishing, should be good. I took a couple of pics of the new lake as the water isn't in it yet, it will be 5 foot deep all round with a near and far side shelf to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment