Total Pageviews

Monday 22 October 2018

Silver,s league round 2, viaduct fishery

The rixon clan has had a good week with the arrival of out first grandchild, in the shape of a gorgeous little boy , Brody Rex Akira, massive thanks and well done to Georgia and simon, picture below of the super proud nanny with him.
Off to the fishery with Chris fox today, but not after a stop at.the Toby inn carvery in whitchurch, and it was ok ,4.5 . Got to the fishery with 20 minutes to spare as normal, as it's still a 9.30 till the clocks go back.
Didn't mind where I drew , but a swim on cary.would be favoured as it was fishing well for.silvers,  it it wasn't to be as I pulled out peg 116, which is a flier carp peg,  but not to much silvers form recently, the lake fished well for silvers on Saturday , so we were hopeful of a few today as long as the carp didn't show up in to much force.
I set. Up the normal silvers rigs, a couple to fish long over groundbait, 9 and 13 mtrs, and another for dump feeding caster at 16 mtrs, and a caster rig for topset and 2.
Also first outing with the new mosella white Eva tubs and cases, and it seems very good, and eyecatching, sure to be popular. I

For company I had paddy curry on 114 and Jess Jordan on 118, Ziggy slowinski should have been on 115 but he must have known something we never as he didn't turn up.
I had trig Edmunds behind me on 78 cary which is a lovely peg as it's at least a third deeper than any other peg on the lake.
At the start I cupped in a couple of balls of groundbait on each of the lines at 9 and 13 mtrs, cupped some caster at 16 , then began on the short caster rig, 20 minutes in and not.a bite, and I had only seen a couple of small roach caught, so out into the 9mtr line, not.a bite, so out to 13 and finally.a.perch, then a 8oz skimmer, and after.two hours, I hadn't added to it, so with 10 oz in the net and I had probably overfed the swim, but then again lots of others had fed a lot more negatively than me, and weren't catching either, so who knows, all I know it was a crap day, the carp turned up on all lines and the skimmers never fed on this lake, the lake was won with 13lb by joe McMahon on peg 126, paddy to my left had 6lb 6oz, I had 6.1 with a bit of help from a 2lb skimmer and some late roach and jess.to my right had 14 oz, the other lakes fished better with cary producing the top 6 weights with it being no surprise to see trig winning again from being me with 40.14, just beating John fuidge on 97 by 4oz.
Top 10 weights and pegs listed below, trig has now won the the first two rounds so looks on target.to retain his crown at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment