Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2018

2 days at viaduct

First of two days at viaduct, Saturday was the all winners final, so after a visit to the Toby inn carvery in whitchurch for breakfast, Judith joined me for breakfast, and to be honest it was the worst one I've had there, sausages not done enough, eggs overcooked, and the toaster was broken, so only a three on the rixster scale. Judith didn't come with me today, so we said goodbye in the carpark, then went in opposite directions. Got to the fishery with about ten minutes to spare, only 54 fishing with several being in other places, with some good locals down at whitacres for the parkdean final, and as most of you will now by now, our very own craig(trig) Edmunds walked away with the 25 grand top prize, so well done matey, Judith and me are really pleased for you, and also a big well done to Dan white who finished third, a brilliant result in a top class field.
Back to today and ideas near the back of the queue, I got to the tin of plenty and asked mat to draw for me, hoping for a peg on cambell, but no, what does mat the tw#@ pull out, 43 on the match lake, no real chance of winning, just  the section money to fish for, but with Nick ewers on corner peg 42 it was going to be hard, the forecast was for 40+ wind speeds and showers, not ideal for this lake, as it's only a small lake, but the longer you can fish on the pole the better it is, but realistically 13 mtrs was going to be the limit, I only had pellets with me as I didn't ruining his lake was going to be in, so hard 6,s over 4,s it is then. I also set up the wag to fish pellet to the island.
I won't dwell to much on this one as  it was difficult to say the least, there were bites and fish to be had, odd carp and decent f1,s with a smattering of skimmers thrown in, and I was doing ok for the section , that was until nasty Nick went and two fish for 25lb from his margin, these two fish helped him win the 70 quid section money with 70lb , but I was happy with my 62lb, if the weather hadn't bean bad, there was definitely over 100lb on the cards, but it still wouldn't have been enough, as Dan squire on 116 came.out on top with 229lb, pushing local silvers ace Nigel Easton into second with 211 from peg 131, and that was his first ever 200lb plus weight, and Mark poppleton on 110 was third with 209. Well done .


I was looking for a match for sunday, I had earmarked the open at chilton, but misha got in touch to say she had cancelled due to lack of numbers, so it was back to viaduct, I could have fished the open on cary, but instead I managed to get on with the  psv lads on cambell,  I travelled down with Jason so we stopped off at cannards well for breakfast, and it was good, 4.8. I fancied a day silver,s sport so wasn't at all disappointed to draw 126, a really good skimmer area,
I set up three rigs for caster.worm and maggot, one to fish caster to hand on the topkit, and two for worm maggot or caster over groundbait at 11 and 13 mtrs.
Starting short on caster, first fish hooked was a carp, lost that hook then !!!!!. Then I began getting 2-3oz roach, but they disappeared quite quickly, to be replaced by 2-4 oz perch , and there seems.to be a lot in the lake at the mo. I stuck it for about 45 minutes but there seemed no end to them, so I went out to the 11 mtr line, but they were there aswell, a big piece worm had the same fish swinging on the end,  double caster on and I had a tench, but it was a false dawn, so out to 13 mtrs , on worm and I had a couple of better skimmers, and no perch, result. The first half was ok , with odd skimmers.of various sizes gracing the net, and for.a short spell towards the end I thought I was going to be on for a really good weight, I did set a pellet rig which I fished off to the right at 13 mtrs, I had four carp on it along with a few decent skimmers, by the end as far as I could see I had done enough to win the silvers.so I was quite happy with that. When mat got to me big ry, (Ryan Jordan) was.winning with 138lb , and he was on the golden peg aswell, so he may be in for a bumper payday, time.would tell, my net of silvers.went. Just over 40lb, most enjoyable it has to be said. And as I thought it was  enough to win the silvers on the day.
Big  ry was still looking good until the soon to be water gypsy Alan healey weighed in on peg 110 and beat  ry by a pound, picture below me with the overall winner, if you can see a water.droplet on the picture it's probably from Ryan who was just out of shot, also the weigh sheet is there aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment