Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 July 2020

Shiplate thursday open

Gary flinders is running there matches on behalf of the fishery, so 15 turned up today which means plenty of room with the generous pegging on this lake, Gary started.The draw and when he got to my name on the list he pulled out peg 11 for me, a lovely peg with several options, an island in front which lends itself to a nice waggler chuck, a nice left hand margin down to a bush, and a long pole line which is normally good for skimmers aswell as carp.
So rigs done for shallow and deep on the long pole, a margin meat rig and a 4mtr meat rig, lastly a small loaded middy fatboy waggler for the end of the island.
On the whistle I started.On the long pole , and after.15 minutes I had three carp in the net, as did Gary flinders on 10, then I began to struggle , skimmers were feeding well as I was catching a few.On 8mm hard pellet, Gary was.getting a.lot of skimmers aswell as.more.carp, and I never managed.to catch him up, he pulled steadily.away for the duration, I had a few on the wag , and very nearly had a nasty accident, booking fish on the wag you tend to have to pull hard to stop the fish going around the island, in one fish I had the acolyte carp waggler rod bent to the Mac when I pulled out, and I could see the float narrowing back at straight towards my face, I just managed to duck a bit and the float but me on the tip of the head, good job I had a hat on as I think it would have drawn blood, I did end up with bump, but it did make me chuckle, any.way to not waste any time with this report, I cant.really complain as I've had 134 lb which is still a good days fishing, but I was well Off the pace as Gary won with 240lb, followed by Anton page on 15 (again), with 207, then Gary (thumbprint) Bowden on 3 with 128lb followed by me, too silvers went to Dave wride  7 with over 45lb of skimmers on his secret soft pellets😂. Weigh sheet below as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment