Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Triple catch up

Three matches to report, a few fish caught but not to much to report, last Thursday and it was the Flanders ripoff at Shiplate farm, we drew our own pegs from the table and I opened up peg 10, happy, it's a full 18mtrs to the island but it has a tree at 16 mtrs to fish under and a really good right hand margin

, it was a bit harder than I thought it would be , I caught from the off under the tree but skimmers were an issue , especially when I was trying to catch carp, I did get a few more more skimmers and one carp short , and some swinging a rig into the island , the margin never came good till the last 45 minutes when some fish showed up, to little to late, ending up with 126lb for nothing in the main frame but I did sneak a bit of silvers money with my accidental skimmers., Organiser end was top on the day off 14b , well done.
Sunday and down to trinity waters on woodland lake, it can be a tough one to sort under match conditions, and today was no different, draw from the bingo balls today and I rolled out 22 for myself, another tough day with struggling home with 60+ pounds for a section win by double default, I was resounding beaten to my left by big ry  Jordan who had over 100lb so I handed the quid over, but it has been a long time coming for him, he was second behind Ryan shipp on peg 2 who made no mistakes with 124lb, all on work and caster shallow, well done 
Top silvers weight went to mark broomsgrove with 25lb, and Mark cook had a nice eel of 3.8 , he don't like them very much, Martin McMahon tried to steal it to jelly for his supper but it went back safely.




And today Tuesday Chris fox and me travelled.up to Barston to fish the women's England team fundraiser, but of a disappointing turnout with less than 40 fishing, Julie Abbott did the draw did the draw and handed me peg 52, a nice peg for carp and silvers,.lots.of form for shallow fishing for carp and big f1,s, 

well it never panned out that way, the wind was to strong, 14 mtrs was all but impossible, I was getting spun round on my box, even 13 was.painful, most of the day was.spent at 5 mtrs, where I had a few skimme and one big f1, ending up with over 17lb for second in the section, this end of the lake is usually the place to be, but not today, the winner came.from the other end, the angler next to me on my left had 105lb on the straight lead and pellet, but he was 4 pegs away , but I should have followed suit, I think I would have had a few, never mind .

Went down the river again with Judith on Monday evening trying for another elusive lower Avon barbel, no whiskers but Judith did manage a nice bream , although she can't stand the slime she was fairly happy with it as it's her biggest  bream to date, even if it is upside down, 😂
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment