Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Rnd 2 short(ish)pole series

Chilton trinity for this one, and it certainly improved the results here last year.with a longer pole option, so i hopefully expected it to be the same thus year,23 fishing so better pegging than last year with a few less, got the draw started on time and i let aaron draw for me as he did good for me in the last round, and he never let me down, peg 2, that will do nicely, aaron drew 32 for himself whuch was next to me just round the corner. My peg was a left handers as it has a good margin to the right, but it is a snag pit with loads of tree roots underwater. And i had one of my favourite old gits to my left in the shape of john white. i set up a rig for pellet on the deck at 13mtrs, a shallow rig, one for meat topset and one to the right, and another for pellet to the right, where i had 6 ft of water about a mtr off the bank, bushes stopped me going closer which may be a blessing as it kept me away from any roots(hopefully). Started on the deck at 13 mtrs, lost a fouler and that was it, joe McMahon on 27 and vince shipp on 26 caught early shallow, so i went out with that rig, and managed 5 fish in the next 90 minutes, but our end was flat calm, and looking up the lale the anglers with the slight ripple from the gentle breeze were definitely catching more, my section was being difficult, only tim clark round on peg 6 was getting some but as is normal with tim he was losing more.than he landed,the other anglers in my section were struggling, even the normal unstoppable martin rayet on 31 was having a mare, losing a coupke of early fish , i dont thunk he had a carp till ove halfway through, he wasnt getting to much stick though😆😆. luckily with my peg always has some resident fish in the right hand margin, althoigh they can be smaller than average for thus lake, but they never let me down, the short meat line only produced one small carp and a tench, i had several carp and another tench fishing 8 and 13 mtrs along the bank on banded pellet, at the end i new i had 80lb and hopefully a section win, only tim on 6 was a threat but his lost fish did me a favour, u ended up with 87 to tims 66, so it keeps me in the hunt after.two rounds, further up the lake joe and vince had a peg to peg battle both catching shallow, j joe won that one with 178lb to vinces 157lb, even though joe got knocked back on one net, i use digital scales whuch bottom out at 66lb, so if it shows error that net gets knocked back to 50lb, thats 2 matches on the trot now for him, i think his clicker is broken, so they were first and second on the day with chris fox up on 16 with over 100lb aswell, it definitely fished better again with the longer pole allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment