Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 June 2020

Acorn tuesday costcutter

I havnt been here for a while as I normally work on Tuesday's, but with premier angling shutting on Tuesday's and Sundays till the 15 of June when we can hopefully get back to some sort of normality , and open 9 till 5.30, and I go back to Thursdays off, I got to say the shop has been very busy so thanks to all the customers who have made it so, always appreciated.
Anyway after.a nice breakfast, well a bowl of shredded (1.5) it.was.off.to the fishery for the rolling draw, 8 till 8.30, I got there at about 8.10 and was nearly last there, Mike Chapman was in charge as normal, so paid my money through the hatch and he drew for me, doh 39, not often in but as there were 28 there I think, it was a case of two pegs then a gap all round so everyone had an empty peg on one side, for company I had venue ace Keith ray to my left on bridge peg 40, and to my right on 37 was Lee massey. 
Before the start I went over the bridge and cleared.a couple of spots of the dreaded dougal grass so I could fish against the bank. So a rig.for that, another for shallow against the bank, one for topset and two and another for down my right hand margin, choice of bait today was pellets.with more pellets, sixes to feed and eights to go in the band. It turned out to be a hard match to be honest, only one on the deck at close range, nothing in the margin, a few.against the far bank, the biggest part of my catch came.from trying to mug odd fish as they swam through, most were moving to quickly, spotting a slow mover was.The way.to go, and even then only an occasional one would have a go,  it it was interesting, and as I havnt fished a match for a couple of months I was enjoying it, 
At the end I admitted to 95lb and weighed 95.1, the rest must have done my maths some good . 
Top on the day was.turbo tuberville  on 28 with 133lb, second was his travelling partner Zac Williams with 131lb on peg 13, third Mike nicholls had 107lb on 25 leaving me in 4th, but I will take that from that peg, 
On a different note I had been looking at some.of those weighing aids to help with social distancing, but Mark bartlett had it sussed , the mosella weigh sling fits nicely into a recycling bin , so £50 saved it is then. 
It fished a bit more difficult than it has in recent weeks for the pleasure anglers, but lake always respond differently under match conditions, weigh sheets below as normal.

Only complaint with the match was that there very little in the way of social distancing after the match with some time anglers and spectators following the scales, this really needs to be addressed to ensure peoples safety, the organisers and fishery may need to stamp on this fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment