Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Acorn tuesday costcutter

Last visit for a while this venue as I will be back working Tuesday,s from next week as premier angling is Back open normal hours from next .Monday, that should make things easier, the support we have had for the click and collect has been phenomenal, so a big thank you for all who had supported us through these testing times, but we're not out of the woods yet so we will have some measures in place in the shop to try and keep our customers and  staff safe and well.
Back to acorn and Mike Chapman drew.peg 16 for me , it's about halfway down the back straight, happy with that, plenty of clear bank to fish against in the far side, so I set two rigs for a couple of spots across there, straight across was 15 inches deep, a couple of mtrs to the left and it was only 8 inches deep, hence two rigs, a margin rig which went mainly unused, as no fish came.into my margin, then a rig to fish maggot on the deck at topset and two distance, I had Gary Bowden on my left and steve lippet to my right. 
At the start I fed the margins (waste of bait), cupped some maggots into the short line then began firing hard 4,a to the far side and began with a banded 6mm across there, hard going doesn't really do it justice, the fish didn't seem to want to be over on the shelf for some reason, I had a couple but not quick enough to threaten anyone today, so a change was needed, luckily some fish began cruising about, so another mugging day ensued, not really complaining as I really enjoy this type of fishing, looking for individual fish and catching it, it's been interesting, I've had fish from anywhere , topkit to 14 mtrs, you got to keep your eyes on the water looking for fish coming into range, and a good pair of polaroids are essential, I did get a few on the short maggot line towards the end, and what was interesting was that I had a a couple of fish fishing pellet shallow where I was feeding the maggot, on the whistle I reckoned on about 150lb, which would be there or there abouts as it seemed.to have been quite difficult for most, my nets went 171lb which was enough for the win,

 Glen Bailey on peg one was second with 120lb, Anton page should have been second but he had over 70lb in one of his nets so he lost that one,  but he was still smiling.
Proper desperate Dan look there matey.
Top silvers went to ed wynne on bridge peg 21 , he's had a lovely day ending up with over 50lb of tench on banded pellet fished right to the bridge, well done ed.
Weigh sheets below .



No comments:

Post a Comment