Total Pageviews

Monday 5 May 2014

monday open landsend fishery

21 fishing today so plenty of room, I didnt mind where I drew , and wasnt at all dissapointed when tom mangnal pulled peg 1 for me,, its a peg I like fishing as its got lots of options an overhanging tree to my right , a nice long margin up to my left and an iskand to fish to, so I set up a meat rig for 5 mtrs and to the tree to my left, a stalker rig which I never used , so that will cheer up the purists out there, and 2 pellet rigs , one for tje iskand and one for the left hand margin, both to fish at 16 mtrs, opposite for company I had the new landsend silver ace in the generous shape of rod wootten, and the only otger angler I could see was charlie barnes on 22,
at the start I began on the meat line by the tree whilsr feeding 6mm hard pellets up the edge and to the island, it didnt take more than about 5 mims to hook a carp so that was off the mark quite quickly,, I spent the first couple of hours on tje 2 short meat lines and had about 10 carp, which seemed ok as far I could tell from the vankside banter, dave (corner shop) sawyer up on 7 was catching some carp and good silvers as was rod opposite,  charlie was doing all of us a favour by feeding some chopped worm and keepomg the small nuisance perch in front of him, 2 hiurs in and I awitched to my pellet limes and had a nice few hoirs catching carp steadily on banded 8mm over 6, s, I ended up with 36 carp and a few silvers for 150lb plus.
Beimg on peg 1 I was first to weigh and was more than happy to see my nets total 167.6 for first
2nd was my travelling partner for the day, craig edm7nds on peg 46 with 134.14
3rd bob ( I've omly caught squeakers) on 13 with 128.4
4th andy hembrow on 58 with 121.3
5th tom thick on 62 with 103.10
6th dave sawyer on 7 with 92.2
silvers went to rod on 24 with 30lb of skimmers
off to viaduct on weds for an open on carey, shiuld be ok as the lake has been fishing well, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment