Total Pageviews

Monday 26 May 2014

monday open landsend fishery

Bit of a shame as only 12 showed up for today, so we only used the match lake, so plenty of room for all. I waited for the last ticket,  and was rewarded with peg 22, its a peg I haven't been on for a long time , its a nice swim where you can reach the end of the island with 16 mtrs, its got a nice margin aswell, so I set up a pellet rig to fish on the island shelf and at the end of the island,  a stalking rig which was a none starter today as with it being cloudy,  fish were hard to spot, and when you did see one , it dertainly wasnt interested in eating, so no more about that rig then, the meat rig for 5 mtrs was assemble,  and a margin rig which I was going to fish over dead maggot,  at tje start I decided to give the short meat line at least 45 mins , waiting for the island pellet lines to settle, it wasnt the mosr productive 45 mins of my life as I only had one perch and one skimmer, I had the company of tom thick on 24 and he did have a slightly better start than me with a couple of small carp at 13 mtrs on banded 6mm, steve seager ofer on peg 1 was having a bit of a torrid losing a few, much to tge amusement of tom and me. For me over on the island it was ok with plenty of indications  and I was soon putting odd fish in the nets,  I did spend most of the match fishing across to the island,  on banded 8mm over loose fed 6, s, I did have a few sorties down the edge on meat and I had 3 better fish down there and a tench, but the iskand was most productive and I ended the match with 20 carp and my few silvers, I seemed to have done ok as far as I coukd see, I had won the quid off of tom as he only had 10 carp and 20lb of silvers, the only threat was going to come from craig(trigger) edmunds on 13 who was admitting to over 30 carp but he had caught plenty of squeekers,
so it was going to be close, and it was but I just came out on top with 117.12,  trig was one fish behind with 115.2
3rd tony thick(long suffering dad of tom) with 82.3 off peg 11
4th tom thick, 61lb on 24
5th rod Wootten on 7 with 57.11
6th Glen(3pots)bailey on 15 with 51,12
silvers went to the gimp on 5 with 24lb
a lot of our local venues have switched off a bit as tge seem to want/need to spawn, and until they do it may not get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment