Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 May 2014

rnd 2, viaduct individual league

Well the weather men said we were going to hafe gales and they wasn't wrong,  on Saturday in the shop I said I would fancy 94 on carey,  and bugger me if I didn't go and draw it, it meant I had the wind blowing left to right and slightly over my shoulder, so I set up a .4 float to fish pellet over pellet at 13 mtrs to my right so I was going slightly with the wind, a meat rig for the obligatory 5mtr line,  a rig for pellet and meat down the margin towards the corner and a wag to fish pellet towards the end bank, for company I had trev senior on 96 and kev molten opposite on 90. Those people in the wind were in for an uncomfortable day , so I was quite lucky to have some shelter.
at the start I fed all lines , which was a waste of time as far as the margin and meat lines went as I never had a bite on either , so no more about them then,
starting on the 13 mtr pellet line feeding 8, s and fishing a 10mm pellet in the band, I was soon playing a double figure fish which was duly netted, and by the end of the hour I had added another 2 carp and a skimmer , even though I had a bit of shelter it was still impossible to stop the pole blowing aroind at times,
I did get 2 carp and a tench on the wag , but most of my fish came from the 13 mtr line, by the end I had 15 carp , several of which were on the small size,  one tench and a few skimmers, it would have been nice to have won my sedtion again, but paul holland over on 86, a peg rested by glyn reynolds in the last round had 20 plus carp , so that loooed to be the sedtion and match sorted, my fish went 135.1, which ended up being second in the section , paul over on 86 had 266,8 so he justed edged the section and won the match, catching all his fish on the lead and 8mm pellet
2nd john dewberry on 102 with 208.4
3rd dave romain on 81 with 175.4
4th andy neale on 68 with 172.2
5th gary oshea on 85 with 163.12
6th ash ?, on 111 with 155.13
off to landsend on weds again , anyone fancy it , ting me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in 10 draw and 16 quid all in

No comments:

Post a Comment