Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 May 2019

Float only league rnd 1

As normal.we.were at viaduct for the first round of this league, on Campbell and cary, twenty on each, but first things first, we stopped off at cannards well for breakfast, and it's very nice , 4.7.
Arriving at the fishery in plenty of time for the 9am draw, I just wish I had told everyone I had bought the draw time forward, so we ended up drawing at 9.15.
I wanted.to avoid cary if possible as it's been difficult on there recently, due mainly to the fish needing to spawn but the conditions are against them for getting it done, most of the other lakes fish had done some procreating,  but not on cary or lodge, I let Shawn kitteridge draw for me and he handed peg 94, which is a corner peg on cary, it was not the lake I wanted, but it can be good, I had Dave Evans to my left on 95, and opposite on the other corner was Gary oshea, always hard to beat.
With the wind blowing into the end bank I must admit I thought we may be ok for a few, so I set up three rigs for pellet, a shallow mugger, a rig gown to m my right at 11 mtrs by some brambles, and another that I could use at 6 and 14 mtrs,  as it was same depth on both lines.
And lastly a waggler to fish just.to the left of the empty pellet on the end bank to my right, which looked very nice.
I started on the short line with pellet but I only had 1 small skimmer, so it was out to 14 mtrs, I had a decent carp fairly quickly, then lost a couple of foulers, I tried the shallow rig briefly but it didn't seem right, so I binned that, also the margin rig saw very little use, most of the match was spent between the long pole line and the wag to the end bank, there seemed.to be a fair number of fish on the wag line, although a lot of them were the new small carp, I had problems casting to the end bank as the white willow fluff was clogging my rings making casting very difficult, also with a backdrop of lots of different colours I was having trouble keeping an eye on the float as It travelled through the air,  but I was doing well in my section, Gary opposite took ages to catch a fish, and Jack billet never had a carp till towards the end,Ricky mills who was the other angler in my section seemed to have a bit of difficulty sorting out which end of the fish had a mouth. I did have fish to probably 15lb, which was ok,

 dave.to my left had a few fish including one of 18 to 20lb, by the end I thought I may have 115lb, which was going to be more than enough to win the section, which is the plan, I had a bit more than I thought with 123lb, with Dave to my left coming second in the section with 51lb, top weight on the day was from cary on peg 81, Glen three pots Bailey had 221lb, some on his favourite paste, and the rest shallow, this lake has a large average size of fish as he only had 21 fish, well done Glen.
Paul elmes ran him closest with 211lb off peg 111 on Campbell, result sheet and weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment