Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 May 2019

Viaduct spring league rnd 3

Breakfast on the way at cannards well, very nice 4.5.
Got into the draw queue about halfway through, into the tin and out comes peg 113, on Campbell at last, it can be a good peg except you are back in a bay several mtrs behind the pegs either side, which today were occupied by travelling partner Jason Radford on my left on 112 , and Clint wojtyla to my right on 114.

Behind me was John Darby on 77, luckily for him I found his rodrest on the way to my peg. He seemed pleased to get it back, and it fits just nice into his Preston tool bar.
I decided on a bit of an easy day, so I set up three pole rigs , one for 7mtrs straight out, and two more to go down to my left under the tree, one tight to the bank and the other a couple of mtrs off under the branches.
Lastly a waggler to fish on the deck at 25 mtrs, again with pellet, nice and simple on the bait table, just a pot of 6,s and the same of 8,s,
I started on the 7mtr line while feeding the other lines, it soon became apparent that the lake, and the fishery as a whole was fishing hard, I was feeding 8,s on the pole and wag line and 6,s under the tree. I've had a steady day catching a few on the 7 mtr line, it's normally a banker for a few under the tree, but not today, I had two and lost one from there, after The few.early fish on the pole the rest of my fish were caught in the waggler, at the end I thought I had done ok, I was confident I had over 130lb, but was hoping it would be closer to 140, Ryan shipp on 116 was also admitting to 140, so it was between him and me for the section, he weighed in first and had a bit less than he thought with 132lb, but he did have a lovely net of skimmers, 45lb. My nets went 145lb, so happy days.
So I need.to have two more section wins to stand any chance of getting in the final frame, at least I won the quid side bet with clint, who was pulling his best village idiot face as he handed it over, but then again my face wasn't much better.
Top.weight on the day went to that man trig again, he's fairly unstoppable at.The moment , he had 168lb from peg 130, well done craig.
Weigh sheets below as normal, next week its.down here again for the first round of the float only.league, it will be a 9 o,clock draw, we have got.a match at.Todber in the series again, and they have a no standing to spot fish rule, so to make it simple , there will be no standing in any of the matches this year to spot and mug,


No comments:

Post a Comment