Total Pageviews

Friday 10 May 2019

Over 55,s huntstrete

With so many people away this week including the normal organisers I was asked to run today's match, there were 7 or 8 of the normal suspects missing today so only 14 people in attendance, pegging was difficult but at least we would all get plenty of room, except for peg 15 as due to the angles of the swims there would be plenty of water to go at. I got john(cliff)Smith draw for me and I ended up with 15 looking back at me, normally a good skimmer peg but it's also an easy reach (15mtrs) to the island.
Also a bonus is that you have a good view up the lake meaning I could keep an eye on what was going on, company wise I had John fry to my right on peg 14 and Wayne storey to my left on 16, I decided to ignore the silvers and set up two pellet rigs , one for about a mtr off the island and another for on top of the island shelf, it looked good close to the island but there were a few brambles growing down into the water which could be troublesome.
The weather was due to be reasonable with occasional showers WRONG, it rained for hours, and with the wind blowing into my face made for an uncomfortable day, but as far as the fishing went it was a nice day, starting off the island in three foot of water it took a while to get my first fish, I fully expected bites straight away, but the fish seemed to be happy further along the island last John fry, but I kept the pellet going in hoping the noise would draw them along, and it did as the swims got better as the match went plenty of f1,s and occasional carp, I was losing a few to the brambles , and I eventually lost the whole rig, so a switch to the shallower water was ok and I kept getting bites till the end, I thought I had done enough but Dave wride over on peg 9 caught some better fish down his margins, I thought I had about 75lb so I was a bit out as I ended up with 94lb, and with a 50lb net limit here it could be a problem getting your fish sizes wrong, but I had just over 45lb in each carp net and over three pounds of silvers, Dave wride ended up with 72lb for second. Silver,s went to Paul barnfield on peg 27 with 31lb of skimmers, weigh sheets below, this weekend it's off to Todber manor on ash and homeground for the second round of the short pole series, should be good as the forecast is for a nice day with light winds, we'll see lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment