Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Float only.final match

First of all a massive thanks to steve.Evans , who without his help it may end up a bit of a shambles lol, and thanks for the support from the anglers taking part, also the standins  who help out when spaces become available, filling empty pegs, empty pegs in a series never help, so basically thanks to all, including the fisheries for giving us some excellent sport this year, a!though some venues had some difficult areas sort on the whole was good, and apart from that hard areas can change a league massively, don't moan , just get on with it,
Had Judith for company today so we stopped off in the brewers fayre in street/Glastonbury, very nice aswell so good Judith went up for seconds, so a 4.8 from us.
Got to the fishery and an easy day today looks had been paid so it was just a case of getting the draw underway, trig drew for me and handed me 94, the same peg as the first match, I won the section off it then and to be honest was confident of doing the same as the section ran from 86 round to 95, I caught well that time fishing the wag to the end bank in about 18 inches of water with pellet, so the acolyte was out and assembled , as for the pole, a depth rig and a shallow rig for 14 mtrs, for company I had tony thick (long suffering dad of tom) on 95 and John fuidge opposite on 90.
I started on the pole at 14mtrs with pellet on the deck, it was slow, no fizzing which is unusual on here , the fish seem to like blowing bubbles on here, so it was a bit concerning to have nothing,

 it took me an hour to catch a carp, by which time Adrian Jeffery(the oldest swinger in town) on 88 had had a couple on the wag out in front, then I had a few.foulers which owing to the size of the fish in here was always a loser for me, Adrian managed.a.couple.shallow, I tried but never had a bite, I tried a few times during the match,  it couldn't catch on it. I was now behind, and I needed a section win to stay where I was going into this match, 3rd overall or possibly 2nd,
I had been feeding the end bank and there appeared to be a few fish there, so into the wag, I soon had a fish but overhanging branches were a bit of a problem, I did clear it out before, just not good enough, I did have to go round on a few occasions to cut a branch off and wind it in.
Judith reckoned I had to give her a quid everyone I hooked a tree, and according to her I owed her 7 pounds by the end, I didn't have the heart to tell her she must have missed a few 😂.
I must say the 12 foot acolyte carp.waggler rod is an exceptional piece of kit, I have been it further than I dare to say but it comes with it all, I've been and bought a second one I'm that impressed.

I had a few from there but I felt I was always a fish or two behind adrian, plus I had a couple of the smaller stockies, so the needed section win slipped away, also Tony thick did well with corn on the wag taking 38 lb of silvers and three carp, he weighed first and had 75,12 , my fish went 75,11, doh, Adrian won the section with 91lb, so another two fish and I would have had him, lol.
the weigh sheets below as normal , also the daily winners sheet, and more importantly the league winners at the end of the series, well done to Neil Mercer on the series win, it's been a while coming but at least he has made his years of drawing flyers finally pay of, ha ha, seriously well done trig, sorry niel, second was trig also well done to him, ever consistent, it was a tight finish and if I had won the section I would have been second, it was that close, instead I was 6th and last in the money.
Well done Glen on the win today off peg 85 , all on paste I suspect, or a derivative,  and well done Tony thick on winning the silvers with his 38lb.


Off to bullocks farm next weekend for the first round of mat Culpin,s snake lake series, should be interesting I havnt been here for maybe 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment