Total Pageviews

Friday 2 August 2019

Huntstrete, over 55,s

Before going to the fishery I stopped in a different cafe to get a sandwich, I won't go back , there is no need to make sarnies out of asda,s 50pence bread, and they forgot the sauce 😠 , so back to belland drive next time and not easy dundry, poppies gets a 2.
Got to the fishery and there were 23 fishing, a couple less would make for easy pegging but you can't turn people away.
Got into the draw bag and found 29 looking back at me from the disc, no island today, a good winter silvers peg, but it's been no good for anything this summer, for company I had Paul's either side, barnfield to my right and haines to my left, generally an island in front is a massive advantage, be it for silvers or carp.
I decided on a mainly silvers approach, which seemed my best option for a bit of a return on my pools, so I set up a caster rig for 6 mtrs, another for shallow over the same line and in the margin to my left, lastly a rig to fish banded 6mm pellet over hard 4,s.
At the start I began on the short line with caster over a bit of groundbait, and had bites straight away, small skimmers and odd fish to 10oz, it lasted about an hour before it petered out, and all had off the line during the rest of the match was a couple of small tench, I had a few roach and small perch from the inside, plus a few f1,s, and the long pole line was a bit of a waiting game, although there was some fizzing, it was difficult to get a bite, it when I did it was a decent fish, occasional skimmers to 2lb plus a couple of small carp and f1,s, Barney to my right had a good match catching skimmers and later some carp off the same line, so well done to him, as for carp it ended up being a two peg battle between John Smith on 10 and Mike nicholls on unfancied peg 1, Mike came out on top with 69lb despite losing 14 carp, john(cliff)Smith ended up with 63lb,
Not to sure about that picture, they looked far to comfortable LOL, 😱
Silver,s went to Barney as it always seems to with 24lb.
My silvers went 17 which was good enough in the silvers pool for second, so I did get a bit of a return, weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment