Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2019

Penultimate short pole series match

Back to Chilton trinity for this match, on woodland lake, but with no wind forecast it was likely to be a bit of a trial, I travelled down with my old mate Dean malin today which is always a laugh and we do have some very interesting conversations, I won't say I am particularly pc, but Dean can be a lot worse 😂 but most of what he says is fairly accurate,  but most of us won't say it.
So after a nice breakfast at lillypool (4.75), and a journey putting the world to right we got to the fishery to be met by misha who soon had the kettle on.
24 fish this league and we soon had the full amount of anglers in attendance, I had to find four reserves which I managed, so thanks to those who stepped in.
I let Steve seager draw for me, and more than happy with peg 6, it's the first peg on the far bank, and a flyer, lots of green algae on the surface.today, and the slight breeze had blown it all down into my corner, green algae is ok for the fish, with the brown stuff being not so favourable,
For company I had Vince shipp on the end bank on 3, and now McMahon to my left on 7, and he insisted on a quid side bet.opposite I had Mike nicholls on 32, who borrowed my shears to clear his margins, and a good job he did, I bet he doesn't work this hard on his own garden.
This being a short pole match we are a bit limited as to what we can do, it's a topset and three only, so a margin rig which would do both margins, a rig for full depth at the max length, a shallow rig for over the same.line, and a rig for.topset and one, which is about halfway up the shelf straight in front, but I didn't give that line to much attention, so I wont say any more about that line.
I started shallow as there were some fish moving sbout, but after 40 minutes I had had two bites and one carp to show for my efforts, it looked to be the same for everyone, most were struggling, so I went out on the deep rig, and hooked a fish trailing a rig, landed that one,  bonus. There was a bit of activity in the left hand margin, so dropped in on that and had a carp quite quickly, then back out on the deep rig, and I hooked a big fish in the wing, a bit of a tussle but it was safely netted, much to Joe's disgust, it was a nice fish though.all of about 14lb.
The lake was being a tough but to crack today, no one seemed to be running away with it today, so I kept switching between the two margins and the 6mtr line, nicking the occasional fish from the three lines, I had 91lb on the clicker y the end which I thought was good in the section, but Ryan shipp on peg 9 had been catching lots of silvers and had 8 carp to go with them, so it was close between us, Glen Bailey seemed to have done the best on the far bank, and looked to have well over 100lb, Tom and misha were kind enough to do the weigh in, and soon for to me, and my two carp nets and lonesome perch actually went 102lb,

but as I thought it was close with Ryan as he had 103lb, it he wiped top in the silvers weights today with 37lb of mainly skimmers, mainly caught in while worm baits.
Glen Bailey was top weight today with over 120lb from peg 23 on his favourite paste book bait, sorry no pic as he was on the far bank, as I said it was difficult today, probably due to the lack of wind and changing air pressures, I don't have a clue really 😂. Weigh sheets below as normal, last round of this league is at Todber manor on hillview lake, so that should be plenty of bites for all,  it you never can tell.
Oh yes and I nearly forgot i won a quid off of young Joe McMahon who did a really good impression of a chip shop sausage, 😂.

No comments:

Post a Comment