Total Pageviews

Monday 30 September 2019

Culpin,s rip off canal lake league rnd 3

Shiplate for this round but not after a stop for breakfast in the wooden spoon cafe in weston super mare , nice too , 4.65.
Only a ten minute drive to the fishery after that, so all good, we had thirty anglers spread over the three canals, and there was also a match on the main lake , Frampton Cottrell club, good to see some faces I hadn't seen for a while including the turners on tour, Sam ,Keith and shane, who is always smiling.
Mot got the draw underway on time, I got in quite early hoping for a draw on either side canal, but out comes 14 on the squircle, not a lake to win off,  but. Being a series it's the section win that's important, and with two wins so far another one wouldn't go amiss, I got to the peg and it looked ok, only.a.small lake but plenty of options, an island at 7 mtrs,  but no depth against it, only 5 inches deep!!!,
There were three of us in this part of the lake which is a bowl, and the other three were down the straight to my right, if Rob watts and me had both fished 13 mtrs we would have been pole fencing in the middle.
So a rig.to fish about a mtr off in 12 inches of water, that rig would do for the margins aswell, a rig for the deep water (3foot), with pellet the only bait I had with me, 4,a to feed and a banded 6 for the hook , attendees after was felt  it the margins and island were a  bugger to plumb and fish as there were no shelves, just a slope, I started on the island slope and was soon getting bites and catching odd small.carp and goldfish, it soon became apparent the slightly better fish were down the straight to my right, not in the bowl at this end, so it was a case of swapping around all my lines, all six of them, getting enough bites but due to the size of the fish was never going to threaten russ peck on the end peg and Mark broomsgrove, also thought rod Wooten was doing well, I did enjoy it I must admit , but new I hadn't done to well section wise, Russ was first to weigh and had 79lb, with fish to nearly 10lb, rod was next with 42, then Mark had 53, Rob had 28, Chris weatley in the corner had 13, then was surprised so out 43lb on the scales, so a section third, although not good, not a total disaster, as expected, the side canals fish better, with league organiser mot calpin winning off peg two on Hawthorn with 177lb of caster.caught carp, only feeding 20 pints of casters (😂), well.done.
Weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment