Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2019

Summerhayes Sunday open

With round two of mat Culpin,s snake lake series on here next sunday, I thought it may be a good idea to go and have a look as I havnt been here for probably 4 or 5 years, stopped off in w-s-m for breakfast, a new cafe.for me , the wooden spoon which is by the rugby ground, and it was nice, so 4.65, got to the fishery and paid my pools , had time for a natter before the draw, looking at the lake the level I well down, perhaps 20 inches, lots of fish in a smaller lake then ,
Into Pete's bucket of doom, and ball one comes out, I was told it's an ok peg, a bit shallow, and only.10 mtrs to the island, so that was going to be easy then.
I set up.a couple of pellet rigs for the island, the right hand side of the island was only 6 inches deep, and the left hand side of the corner was 15 inches, so two separate rigs, I also set up a dibber rig in case there were some mud slurpers, the same.15 inch rig would do for the right hand margin by some reeds, and also up into the corner  14mtrs away, there was a big platform to my right , but with four legs going into the water I decided to stay away from it as it would have been a tackle graveyard.
The days fishing was very frustrating, fish in all areas.that you fed but very difficult.to tempt, I don't think they are intentionally avoiding the hookbait, I just don't think they suck it in, so I've caught on 8mm hard pellet over catty fed 4 &  6,s,
Picture courtesy of gabe skarba, who wandered round for a chat,
I thought I had at least 85lb at the end but not quite 100lb, so by the time the scales.Got to me Paul elmes was.winning with 111lb form peg 29 ish, Gareth Lennox on 7 then had 102lb, but my fish just beat him as I had 103lb, and I think Toby Burrell on 36 had 80+ for fourth, and I nearly forgot Martin rayet never weighed in 😁.
Sorry I never got the weigh sheet so nothing to go below I'm afraid, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment