Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 September 2019

Two on the trot again

Had Wednesday off to fish a trade match at Todber manor fishery, it was. A match for tackle dealers , associated individuals and , "tea boys", we met at the dolphin pub in Gillingham for breakfast and the draw, the breakfast was tasty but small, and no beans, how can you have a breakfast without beans, so a score for no beans and a thin on the plate ammount,(3.25).
Into the draw tin and out comes 53 again, it's strange.how you can draw the same peg on numerous occasions at certain venues, it's a lovely peg with the wind blowing in today.
Company wise I had steve kedge from Somerset taking to my left, and Andy Lloyd to his left, Steve was going to fish for silvers, I hoped that would help me today, I set up a rig for topset and one and topset and two, and a margin rig for topset each side, as expected the fish turned up virtually straight away in the margins , but I left them for a while, starting at topset and one in front, had a few then nkthing, so out another section and began catching again, but after about 90 minutes I couldn't resist the margins, so the rest of the match was spent either side chasing shapes, I was enjoying it but always aware I wasn't catching fast enough to do to well today, Steve kedge.was doing well.with the silvers, but good to see his tourettes hasn't deserted him, with reports of several.angler shaving over 200lb there was only the section to hope for I thought I had about 180 according to the clicker, but had to settle for 172lb, Andy Lloyd had 168 and Mark Harper had 180+ but luckily for me Mark ended up fourth in the day , Scott russel was first for the second year running with 297, his partner in crime from tackle uk, (oops sorry) was second with 240+, and mosella supremo Vic Bush third with 230+, silvers.went to me kedge with just over 50lb, back to the pub for sarnies and chips, which was ok and filling. Weigh sheets below.



Into Thursday and back to the over 55,st huntstrete on bridge pool, only 19 today as there a few on holidays or work commitments, into the draw and 14 comes out, it's a good island peg but it is 17mtrs, doable as long as the wind doesn't pick up,
So I set a couple of rigs for pellet across, one about a mtr off and the other right in, and I set up a rig for worm over groundbait at 13mtrs ,
At the start I fed 4 balls to 13 mtrs and fired some 6mm pellets across, I had intended to feed 4,s but the wind was making it impossible to get any accuracy.
I began across and soon had a small carp in the net, followed by an f1, then the curse of the brambles reared its ugly head, every fish I hooked after that went right and had me over big time amongst spiky branches which were coming out nearly 9 foot underwater into the lake, why do fisheries some fisheries only trim thing once a year,.Aaaaaaaargh, so I came further down the shelf, but it wasn't
as good, with far fewer bites, so the match was spent between that and the 13 mtr line trying to catch skimmers, which for some reason were proving to be very elusive, it was an annoying day.as.I new if I could have fished closer to the island it would have been a good day, hopefully the club will get it sorted . Top on the day was Mike nicholls with 56.6 on peg 30, ouncing out gary"junior" Bowden who got caught by 55.12 of carp and f1,s on peg 28, too silvers.for the second match running was steve.tanner on 17 with 25lb of skimmers on worm.





No comments:

Post a Comment