Total Pageviews

Friday 6 September 2019

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

Looking forward to this match as it was going to be on the two canals, Hawthorn and West pool, the numbers were boosted today as the Birmingham lads were down for four days, three of those on Shiplate and one in the sedges, so there was an advanced party today meaning 26 were fishing, all 15 on Hawthorn and 11 on West pool, I fancied a peg on Hawthorn, so I got into the bucket early as all the pegs are still in there, but peg 12 on West pool was going to be my home for the day, for company I had Ollie corbett to my right on 10, and his dad tony.to my left on 13, so least I had an empty peg on my.right, which may help, I would have my work cut out today in the corbett sandwich as they are both good anglers, with Ollie breaking the record on the lake last year,  but that has been beaten now by venue expert gary"ned"flinders, and that was on my peg (12). I walked around to the start of the lake but I had been told by steve it may need a bit of a trim on the far side, so I went across the bridge and armed with shears set about clearing the grass , brambles etc, it looked good ,.So I went back and carried on with my kit towards my.peg, I got to Ollie who asked what peg I was on, I said 12 hmm says he, why have you cleared peg 11 then !!!!!, 😬😆😂😅, he could have told me when I was round there, so back around with the shears again then, and the right peg was.now barren of overhanging rubbish.
I only had pellets today so I set up a rig for the margin, one for across, another for just down the shelf on topset and two, and a mugger, as there were some fish about sunbathing.,
At the start I fed all lines and started.across, a few.liners, then I saw one to my right in the margin, so I went in  and had one after.About 10 minutes, but apart from another later in the match from my.left hand margin that was all I managed from the edge, although fish kept coming in, they were extremely cagey, I did managed to mug a few, but most of my fish were coming from the far side, fishing shallow, but even 6 inches deep I was fouling fish even though I couldn't see them, all very frustrating,  I the end all three of us this end of the lake were admitting to about 60lb, but I thought I had over 70, when the scales reached me 44lb was tops, my fish went 87lb before Tony corbett had 72lb, but I thought Eddie swann on end peg 15 had beaten me as he had a very good last hour catching in his margin, and he did with 92lb which was top weight on the day over the two canals, well done eddie. Weigh sheets below.

Although it fished a bit harder today than expected, I'm sure it will pick with a bit of bait going in, I hope it does for them as they seem like a good bunch of blokes, even ollie, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment