Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 September 2019

Two for one

I'll begin with Thursday's over 55,s at huntstrete bridge pool, both right ups will be fairly brief as there isn't to much to right about to be honest, I drew peg 17 which is a peg going into the corner by the bridge, I had an island to go at which was 16 mtrs away, it's quite close to peg 18 which can effect the long pole , especially in 18, Hubert Evans was occupying that one today, and he had silvers in mind, the island in front of me had a fish which I could fish either side of.
Also it had a ice left hand margin with a bush in it, so I set up a pellet rig for the island, another for the margin, and lastly a silver rig for caster or maggot or soft pellet over groundbait, at topset and two distance, and as an afterthought a hard pellet rig for hard pellet at 13 mtrs in the deep water, I began short on caster and in the first couple of hours I had a mixture of small roach, tiny tench and some sensible skimmers, but as I expected it didn't last, so the rest of the match was spent on hard pellet in the various parts of the swim, I only had one fish from the margin, a 2lb mirror, I had a couple of better skimmers on hard pellet at 13 mtrs plus a couple of f1,s, I had to wait till the last hour for any island action, when I had 4 better carp, I ended up with 39lb which was good enough for second, steve.Dawson on 21 won on the day with 48lb, too silver weight on the day was taken by steve.tanner on 11 with 29.14, a good weight on the day.
Weigh sheets below show how hard it was for most.

Well what can I say about part two, it was off to bullock  farm on rushcombe lake, it was.the first round of mat Culpin,s snake lake series, I havnt fished here for years, at.least twelve, possibly 15, I can't remember, I had breakfast at the bridge in yatton, and it was nice, mainly due to the fact I had extra bacon and none of the horrible sausages, so 4.8, there were 30 booked in, but we had one no show, so 29 it is then, into the draw bag first and out comes peg 11, which was about three pegs back from the bend at the end of the first straight, I was next to Russ peck on 12 and Paul swain on 10, it was another long walk for me though
The shadow on the floor is being cast by the van, lol, just how I like it, it was only 11 mtrs wide,  but the far bank was covered in my peg hate , BRAMBLES, aaaargh . So I went around and cleared.a couple of spots, rigs today were a margin rig which would also do the car bank as it was the same depth, and a roach rig for down the middle as I had been told there were some quality roach in here, but roach have a tendency to switch off in these small.waters.when the pressure is on, I began on the roach rig,  it that turned into a waste of time, only a couple of small ones and a small brown goldfish, Russ had a small carp quite early and paul.was catching some small silvers, hard was an understatement, and to be fair the match panned out as we thought it would, after an hour I went to the far bank and had a small carp, and in the next two hours I had four more and lost 8, not big carp but there were lots of underwater snags, which the fish made.the most of, and the last three hours passed with very little action apart from an odd liner of small roach on maggot, at the end I thought I had 7lb, and was.close.As I had 7.9, which was good enough to win my 6 peg section, so a good start to the league, top.weight on the day went to steve"peanut" Howell on peg 5 with 32.12, an exceptional weight from the area , so well done matey, top "silver" weight went to Paul swain to my right with a level 3lb, not bad eh.
Weigh sheets below, now that was hard, I don't think we will be asked back next year as the anglers on peg 1 told Phil the owner what he thought of his fishery,
I know pleasure anglers.catch plenty on here , but I don't think it will.stand the pressure of a match with 30 anglers tramping around the banks, it may have been better if we never had the sun beating down as it is a shallow lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment