Total Pageviews

Monday 23 September 2019

Landsend three day mini festival

Three matches in three days at this prolific fishery, Judith and me.finally found some self catering accommodation after being let down by homeaway holiday let's at the last minute, even though they took our money well before the date, we.found out on the Wednesday they had double booked us, and we had no where to stay, but Judith got on the case and eventually found us somewhere Wednesday evening, a lovely little place in moorlinch, which we found on the airbnd site, so homeaway thumbs down, airbnd big thumbs up.
First day into the draw for the random draw and out comes 32 on speci, a flier of a peg, three rigs , a deep pellet rig, another along the right hand end bank, and a swinging rig to attack the island to my left which was 19 mtrs away,.cut a long story short , I had a couple of fish on the deep rig, several along the end bank, plus  a top up on the swinging rig towards the island,


and result 180lb and a lake win, good start. First day weigh sheets below.


Day two and onto the match lake, no 2. Into the bucket and another corner comes out, 24, not the best corner and recently not the best end of the lake, Nick duckett drew it the day before and caught short on meat in the last half of the match, so I set up a rig for that on topset and 2, a margin rig for the left, and another for along the right hand bank,

The start was very slow for me, only.a.couple.of early fish on the short line, so a switch along the end bank started to produce odd fish, but mainly small resident fish, mat tomes was.well ahead by the half way mark, so I dumped a big pot of corn in front of peg 23, left it for 5 minutes then went over it with double corn and had three good carp and some skimmers but that was it, I came back over the short meat meat in the last hour and the better fish had appeared , I couldn't get in fast enough, and from being 40lb behind mat i managed.to catch him up and just beat him for the lake, so on max points after.two days, weigh sheets below.



So on to say three, and after a good fry up which I cooked for Judith and me, (4.9)
Got to the fishery and I needed a good draw as just behind me was John Hawkins and james.withers both on three points but John had the biggest weight. So into the draw and I end up with peg 41, more than happy with that, Joe mcmahon had won the section the day before on it, all caught short on meat, and in the margin, so I set up for that, and a shallow rig for along the right hand margin and end bank where it was only about 8inches deep,
Starting on the meat short I had a carp first out tin and thought , here we go then,  it that was the only fish I had there, also to the left towards some weeds where Joe had caught, I only had one there, and that was late on, there were lots of fish in the shallow water along the end bank, so that was where I spent most of my match, fishing 8mm hard pellet over hard 6,s, catching reasonably well, but not well enough as rod wootten over on 68 caught steadily, lots of small fish early,  but better fish towards the end, also mat tomes up on 62 had had a good day so I was looking at third on the lake at best, and that was how it finished on the lake, rod had 170 mat 160 and me 140, so I needed to have John and james to struggle, james.duly obliged but John on 11 did well with 190lb to end with second on the lake and giving him 5 points overall, the same as me but he had the better weight, so he won overall , well done matey. Day three weigh sheets below.


Overall sheets also below , and the silvers overall winners aswell, which Ray white won, beating Bob gullick on weight.

I've got to say the lakes fished very well, with 31 weights over 100lb over the three days,.even thought the lakes are very low , top weight over the three days was caught by Lewis Jones on the last day with 309lb, on of 18, but he lost a few pounds by over going over in a net so actually ended up with 284,
It was a good weekend with lots of laughs and some good sport, and to top it off di prepared a buffet for us after which was most welcome, and well done mike for organising it, hopefully do it all again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment