Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 December 2012

Stafford moor Xmas match

Not too many booked in today ,only 22, so we were spread over tanners and woodpecker with the bulk on tanners, I fancied a draw on woody,s between 3 and 16 as there would be a lot of protection from the really strong westerly wind that was blowing, so into the draw bag and out comes 34 on tanners, lovely I had the gale blowing in and slightly across and unless I only wanted to fish the pole at 4 mtrs max it was going to be a none starter ,so I left it in the van. I didn't realise andy was doing a silver prize so I had no silver bait with me anyway. So all I took to the peg was a wag and a lead rod, it doesn't take to long to set up either so with a pellet attack my only choice I had a 16 to .16 on the wag and a 14 to .18 on the lead rod, I would like to make this an interesting read but all I can say is that I had one bite on the  wag and a bite on the tip in the first two hours which put two carp in the net , then I had to wait till the last 5 mins for my next bite which I netted on the whistle to give me 3 carp ans a 4 oz skimmer I fouled in the dorsal fin winding in for what I thought would be about 18lb, the only angler with 4 carp on the lake was les Williams on peg 3 so the lake was going to be tight, the lake had fished really bad and woody,s hadn't faired much better as it was Steve hay man from Taunton had won on peg 16 woodpecker catching a few down the edge, I haven't got the weights yet as andy didn't bring them up the pub where we were having a very nice chile, second was mal king on 3 woody,s , third les Williams on 3 tanners, fourth was me with 22.9 on peg 34tanners , fifth Paul Burkett on 34 woody,s and Kevin molten was sixth on 32 woody,s.
The wind was the main factor I think contributed to the poor returns as it was impossible to get ant presentation apart from on the tip but the fish have responded better to the wag approach recently, but who really knows, when andy let's me have the full result I will put them on here, it should be tomorrow nite

No comments:

Post a Comment