Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 March 2018

Sunday open, Chilton trinity

Back to woodlands lake today, again it's another venue I haven't been to since last summer, we had a nice breakfast at lillypool, and got to the fishery in plenty of time, normal warm welcome from Tom, misha and little lily, only 14 fishing today, which is more than they have had lately, so still plenty of room for everyone, I normally let misha or lily draw for me, but they had to leave before draw time as they were off to pick dad John up from hospital after an op, I'm sure everyone who knows him will be wishing him a speedy recovery.
So Judith muscled (lol) her way to the draw tin with instructions to get peg 2 if poss, it wasn't to be, but 14 will do nicely, especially as 15 wasn't in, I set up three rigs, a silvers rig for 5mtrs, a hard pellet rig for 14mtrs, and a margin rig to fish pellet in front of 15 where there was a nice flat spot of about 3 1/2 foot deep .
At the start I cupped in two balls of groundbait at 5mtrs, some hard 4,s at 14 and some 6,s in front of 15.
I started on the short line and soon had a few plippy roach in the net.
I stuck with it for a while , but the fish weren't getting any bigger, even caster on the hook didn't improve matters, and it wasn't long before Steve seager who was the lucky one to draw 2 was getting  his first carp.
I decided to switch to the long pole line on banded 6mm ,

it certainly wasn't going to plan with carp being noticeable by there absence, I did get a couple of pound plus skimmers and a handful of 4oz ones, but it was very hard. There were odd carp being caught, except for Steve on peg 2 who was getting a bit of action, I'm not going to waste to much time writing about very little, a few people did catch carp shallow on the wag, but they weren't feeding fish, it seemed it was occasional cruisers , and if your hookbait fell   past there nose , you would get a bite, I did set up a wag with about 2 hours to go, but I think I missed the boat today, and I never had a bite, I really did expect a few carp down my left hand side but it just didn't happen till the last 30 mins when the float went under twice , two foulers and both on and off very quickly, I did spend a fair bit of time fishing with just my topkit with maggot  and caster over small balls of groundbait, catching small skimmers and roach, and it was the same depth there as at 14mtrs, I'm glad I did as I ended up weighing in 10!b of silver which was enough to take the silvers pool on the day, just beating kev Perry by 7oz. There were a few carp about as Mark broomsgrove to my right had 5, plus a few silvers to come second with 35!b behind Steve seager on 2 who had over 70!b, weigh sheet below,
Thursday this week  I'm at the over 55,s at huntstrete, then next Sunday it's back down to Todber manor for the silvers all winners final .Looking forward to that

No comments:

Post a Comment