Total Pageviews

Friday 24 May 2019

Huntstrete coffin dodgers

Back to bridge pool again today, gotta love these short drives.
17 fishing today, still not back up to the normal 20/21 but with a few away still not to bad, it's always difficult to peg with fewer in attendance, there were a couple of pegs in today at the far end pegs 1 and 33, the peg I would avoid by choice would be 33, open water (no island) but the margins can be ok, just not recently, into the draw bag , and yes you have probably guessed it, disc 33 , oh no, at least it made Paul barnfield smile, and a few others wondering how I would do without an island LOL 😂. On my right was ray Ray bazeley on 31, across from me on 1 was Mike nicholls and 4 was occupied by Steve dawson.
 At least I was going to be in the shade all day , and after the day before getting roasted on the sea I was grateful if that, I hadn't bought any maggot or caster with with me, so it was going to be a soft pellet approach for hopefully some skimmers, fished over a bit of groundbait and micros at 5 and 13 mtrs , one rig for that as it's the same depth, and a couple of hard pellet rigs, one for 16 mtrs to my right at about 1 o'clock angle, and the other for the margins each side.
I fed the 5 and 13 mtr lines with some groundbait and micros, some hard 4,s at 16mtrs and fed some hard 6,s each side in the margins, I spent the first couple of hours getting odd bites from small fish and one f1 on the two groundbait lines, after that those two lines, died completely, the rest of the match I spent at 16 mtrs and down the margin,s, nothing to exciting happened, I had one f1 and 4 small chub from the margins and three better skimmers and an f1 from the long pellet line, very hard as I thought it would be, the only person I could see getting much action was Paul barnfield on 6 who was catching on odd better skimmer on worm with a couple of carp from the island , amongst the ducklings. I always weigh in As I've say there for six hours and it's nice to see how bad it was, I was last to weigh in so I said to Chris ollis who was in the scales I would do it in one weigh, so I put the f1,s in the sling and silvers on top, Chris reckoned I should weigh the silvers separately as not much had been caught, so I took out the three f1,s , and the silvers went 11.13, then weighed the three f1,s which went 3 lb for a 14.13total, as it transpired my meagre.silvers managed to scrape in third in the silver pot meaning I had my money back, every cloud and all that .
Top weight on the day was taken by the feast or famine angler j(g)Francis on peg 21 with 51lb, well done  j(go)eff.
Weigh sheets below show how hard it was for most, as is the case with a lot of fisheries the carp seem to be more interested in spawning but they are not quite ready for it yet, of to viaduct for the first round of the float only league, in Campbell and cary, the carp on can were spawning yesterday, but the bigger fish on cary hadn't started, so Sunday is going to be a difficult day again,  it you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment