Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 September 2019

Mat Culpin,s snake lake series end 2

Off to Summerhayes on kings for this one, and with 30 booked in I didn't think it would handle the pressure to well, a  it of room would be an advantage. But first thing first, a stop in the wooden spoon cafe in weston, and it was nice , 4.35.
There were several of us in the cafe and we all left at the same time, all wanting to not be first or last to the fishery as it would mean either opening or shutting the level crossing gates behind the boat and anchor pub, I was 4th through so I got away with it lol.
Only one no show so 29 fishing, I got into the draw bucket about halfway through, out comes peg 35, happy days, the winning peg from last week when Paul elmes.had 114lb.
It looked nice with a bit of a bay opposite, and not to many issues with overhanging foliage, and no effing brambles in sight, deep joy !!!!!
I was going to fish towards the far side in the mane ,  it I did bring a few pints of dead maggots for the left hand margin, but apart from a lost fouler and a few swirls I had no action from there. I set up three rigs for across, one for right in on the mid line, one just off in 10 inches of water and the last one slightly further out in 18inches of water,
At the start I fed a few pellets.across in a couple of spots and began on the deeper rig, I had a small carp first drop in of about two pounds, then lost a couple of foul hooked fish before I had my second, I was firing some hard 4,a across by now and there were some lips ducking at the mud, so across with the mud rig and I began to catch a bit better,  it with the bright sunshine and lack of water they soon began to get a bit twitchy, so I had to keep swapping rigs to keep odd fish going into the net, also it seemed better to feed all.along the mud bank, and pick off odd fish all along the far side, the fish didn't want to stay in just one of two places, but by feeding everywhere I could catch one before going to another spot.
It was a difficult day, as I half expected, with some anglers only having one of two fish, there was even a blank. By the end I hoped for 60lb, which according to the jungle.drums would probably be enough to win on the day, when the scales.Got to me I plonked just over 58lb into the weigh bag, so not to far about with my estimation.
Top silver.weight went to Glyn Wickham with 6lb, so that was hard aswell, off to Landsend fishery next week Thursday/friday/Saturday and Sunday for  Mike's mini festival, really looking forward to it as it's still my favourite venue,  and I just don't seem to get the chance to go there as often as I would like.



No comments:

Post a Comment