Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Acorn monday

Trying to run fortnightly matches here on a monday, so the next one is on the 24th of the month, as a trial im making it a short pole match which will be topset and three, ( just for you george sumsion, 😀), should be ok and easier on the joints, after that im not sure as mat culpin begins his monday evening matches so i will se who books in for thise before i decide what to do, The forecast wasn't to good, a gusty wind with a bit of drizzle, WRONG, gale force winds and heavy showers and a bit of sun, only 13 fishing so pegged it with a bit of room far all. I did a social distancing draw, mark broomsgrove drew mine and gave me 38, happy days the wind was from the southwest so it was from the right and off the same shoulder, so the far bank was an option, so a pellet rig for that, another pellet rig for down the middle, another for up to empty 37, and a short maggot rig, topset and one, company wise i had frys angling club silvers ace , ray Cooper on 36, and Leighton Palmer on bridge peg 40, so a banter day was assured.
Called the all in and fed all lines but started down the middle on banded pellet, 40 minutes later and one carp had me coming off that, tried the far bank swim, ha dan early fish but the wind was pushing the rig along so liners but no proper bites, a bit less wind and it would have been ok, apart from a couple of lost foulers that was my lot from there, a shame really as i had cleared a nice spot over there to fish in, ray on my right was quietly going about the business of catching silvers, whereas Leighton on the other hand was also catching well, and guving me a knowing grin that he was beating me, and he was. I came short on maggot and had some silvers, including a few tench, from 2oz to 3lb,
I also expected the pallet to my right to come good, but i only had three fish from there , two carp and a 4lb+ tench, so the shirt line was the place to be for me today, catching skimmers roach perch and odd carp and small tench, by the end i wasnt to sure as to what i had, clear winner today looked to be dave(foggy swamper) ings on peg 2 , silvers short on maggot and carp mainly down his edge towards peg 1, Walking around to start the weigh in with aaron, leighton was very keen to show me his rig that he had successfully used to beat me, 😒hmm, dave had 109lb, whuch was obviously enough for today, paul faiers had 68lb, then leighton put 77lb on the scales, and he was still showing me the rig, oh dear, i had 81lb, i tried to get a picture of the rig he had used to let me beat him, but i think he had already smashed it up LOL 😂😂😂, ray won the silvers with a nice mixed net for just over 30lb, and dan clayton on peg 11 was third with 78lb, well done all as the wind was terrible, weigh sheet below as normal, showing it was a nice close match, and good to see so many silvers coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment