Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 July 2021

Float only rnd 3, sedges bridgwater

Travelled on my own today as chris fox was away for the weekend, i had to find 7 reserves for this match as some were away or had covid, which is still being a big problem, even if you have had the 2 jabs. So much conflicting information out there , so who really knows, not me thats for sure. as normal the fishery looked lovely, and with the ammount of fish on the surface it looked as though today was shaping up to be a mugfest, with temps set to peak at about 30c, a bit of shade would be nice. All nets are supplied by the fishery which is good, and the weigh in is normally done by jamie, but he was away at a match at Landsend fishery, so we woukd be in charge of our own weigh in today. I got the draw underway on time, and had alvins partner debbie draw for me and she pulled 28 for me, which is on the far bank of tile lake three short of the corner,
a good silvers.area, but i left all my silver,s bait at hime as i needed a section win and a good weight aswell as i was in the last 8 of the k/o and today i had dave lewis in that, hopefully he would target the silvers again as thats what he enjoys, but he is more than capable of snaring a few carp and he was opposite me so i could keep an eye on him. I got to my peg to be greeted by dozens of fish (carp) mooching about, but then again, everyone had the same on our side of the lake, especially on peg 30 whuch was occupied by steve seager, iether side i had mike(Silverfox) nicholls to my left and Aaron britnell on my right, so silvers to my left and carp to my right. there is an island at about 50mtrs so i set up with a matrix 8g waggler, hopefully may snare a few on that, pole rigs, a short meat one, a deep pellet rig for on the deck at 14/16 mtrs, and the shallow/mugging rig, Called the all in on time, and most people went out shallow, and it only took a few seconds for carp to get hooked, but not me, i kost a couple quickly but was two or three fish behind before i new it, aaron was two up in no time, and steve seager was having trouble getting his rig in the water without a carp taking it, but i soon got my act together and started.to land fish, as with most anglers today who did a decent weight, shallow and mugging was the only way today, meat line short never had a bite or a bubble , the long pole line was like a Jacuzzi, and i did manage a couple on the deck towards the end of the match, also the pellet wag was a non starter, i had one proper bite with resulted in a grass carp of 14.3, a nice fish, aaron managed to mug a nice grassie of 20lb exactly, there a few weighers today as the fishery rules state that any carp over 15lb must be weighed and returned immediately, the scales were behind lee Williams on peg 25 and hus better half laura did a good job of noting down the weights of the fish , thanks for that. Steve seager after his flying first half of the match slowed towards the end whereas i kept putting odd fish in the nets, at the end it seemed it may be a close call between me and steve for the section, and his quiet end cost him as i had 184lb to his 170lb, the lakes threw up some good weights with my weight only being good enough for 5th, tip on the day was joe McMahon on 22 who had over 230lb of muggers, well done.
Top silvers went to mike on my left with 42lb, with a net of fish from white bait to skimmers.
The weights were good today considering how hot it was, weigh sheets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment