Total Pageviews

Friday 27 May 2022

Shiplate thursday nearly costcutter

Nearly a costcutter as john now does a £5 extra optional pool, so at least its possible to cover the travelling costs, and to be fair most enter it. Breakfast at the fishery was nice , but due to the strong westerly wind it was a quick munch before it got cold. Into the draw bag and peg 5 comes out, i would have preferred the far bank as the wind woukd have been from behind, but no, straight in the face, and at over 20 mph it was going to be difficult, i had titch williams on my left and mark (the groaner)poppleton on my right. Decided not to go long on the pole today as presentation would have been shit, i did set up a silvers line to feed with groundbait but as i only had one skimmer on that its not to be mentioned again.
The left hand side of thus lake has a big flat area that goes to 8mtrs, so i decided to ignore my favoured area at the bottom of the rocks (mistake) i always say make your own decisions, shoukd have listened to my self, a pellet rig for the right hanf margin, again no bites there, and a wag for on the deck at 20mtrs. Fed.all lines and started on the wag, i was suprised to get one virtually first chuck, and by the end of the first hour i had 4 in the net, but it didnt last, and it all got a bit sketchy, the wind was blowing the float back in and across, so i found myself laying more and more lime on the deck trying to slow it down, and it worked to a fashion, but liners were more of a problem, the left meat line on the plateau was no good so with 90minutes to go i fed some meat at the bottom of the rocks, went in there with an hour to go and in that last hour i had 5 good carp for over 50lb, so with my 7 waggler caught fish i had at least 100lb, i lost one good double which broke me on the inside, pinging the line over the rocks, and it cost me to be fair, i laso lost a couple of foulers, only landing one, and that was hooked in the side of the face, so thats close enough for me. John wolsfencroft came.out on top with 122 lb on peg 15, catching mostly on paste short, (one for you glen bailey), well done john,
top silver weight with 39lb of worm tempted went to roger on peg 14.
The lost fish cost me as i ended with 112lb, kicking myself.for not fishing my normal.way a bit, also that lost fish cost me without doubt.
Weigh sheet below, down here again on sunday for round one of the float only league. I feel it may be a bit tough with the fish having a bit of a spawn but certainly not doing it properly, and with a cooler weekend forecast they still wont be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment