Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Three to forget(nearly)

Plantation lake a silvers match on thursday, 16 fishing so i left out a couple of pegs that have been a bit iffy this winter, draw underway and i think mat tomes drew for me and handed me peg 26, good area so more than happy, always up against peg 27 as its 2 mtrs further out than the pegs either side, nele mercer had the pleasure of that one, i cant believe someone who fishes as little as him seems to draw spot on every timeπŸ˜³πŸ˜œπŸ˜³πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. And i had ryan jordan on my right. Not to much to report on how my match went except that my day has been very relaxed, not bothered by to many fishy interruptions, limped home with 11.4, beaten on my right by ryan who had a near 3lb perch on a soft pellet, so thats a quid gone then as he had 11.8, and nele ended with 25lb for third, top on the day was mat tomes on not really fancied oeg 16 with 31lb, beating john fuidge on peg 7 who had 27lb, well all.
Sunday and down to shiplate for a rpund of Ron hardiman,s silvers league, had a breakfast at the fishery, cooked by mark and as always very nice, not had a bad ine there yet. Ron got the draw underway and i did say i wouldnt mind peg 10, bit of a feast or famine peg as its an 18mtr wide channel between the far island on the right hand side, blow me only.go and pull it out, most fancied peg 3 as its been a really good area for silvers recently, but it was no real suprise when mr shipp pulled that one out. I had Joe mcmahon on my left on 11 and paul elmes on my right on 9a but he was in the section to my right. I set up rigs for the bush to my right for perch or hybrids hopefully, a shrt caster line, 14mtrs in front caster and groundbait, and soft pellet lines at 16 mtrs left and right, another difficult day for me, only a few small roach on the short caster line, same down by the bush, 14 mtrs on the groundbait line was much the same apart from a bream out of the blue towards the end, nothing on the 16mtr pellet line to the right, but i did get a few 16mtrs to the left, ending up with 4 good skimmers and a few smaller ones all on sort pellet, the skimmers didnt seem to want to be in the channel today, joe to my left had bites most of the day, winning the section and coming second on the day, i managed to come second in the section with 15lb, so keeps my league alive, as expected des won with 24lb and ryan jordan on 9 did well coming third with 18lb,
Monday and off to the sedges for the monday silvers match, again a lovely breakfast cooked by Denise, 24 fishing, it must be warming up, second into the draw bucket and peg 38, good peg normally. expected so much, realised to little, as i said its a go to peg for consistency, but not today, all i can put it down to is that the wind was blowing up the lake and the fish wanted to follow it as the sport improved as you got further up, or ive done it wrong, to aggresive in my approach, ill never know, top on the day on peg 33 was.Roy worth(less) with brilliant 49lb, staight lead and corn, feeding about 3 tins , well done, second was martin tizard opposite roy with 22lb, adrian bishop to roys right was third, well.done all.

No comments:

Post a Comment