Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 August 2019

Ivy house

Hadn't been here for a while, so me and Chris fox headed up the m4 towards Swindon and the fishery, got to the fishery at about 8, ordered the breakfast and say down for a chat with Alan oram and Mike etheridge, it took a while for the food to arrive, but it was worth the wait especially when we got the correct amount on the plates LOL 4.6.
Into he draw tin early and out comes.43, a good swim with silvers and carp form, only 14mtrs wide so quite easy ,
I set up a margin rig, a far bank pellet rig to fish as right to the farside weed as possible, a shallow rig and a silvers.rig for caster short and soft pellet down the middle.
I started.the match on topset and 1 feeding caster quite heavily, hoping for some skimmers, but 30 minutes in and I had one 8oz skimmer and a roach, not the start I expected, so I went into the mid lake soft pellet line, and that was no good either, to my left baggy was having a bit of success on paste , and to his left Chris telling was putting some carp in his net, fishing right across.
I binned the soft pellet line and began feeding hard 4,a into that line, and it did trigger a bit of fizzing, while I left that to settle I went across on banded pellet, I had a small carp quite quickly, but I was going nowhere fast, in fact when Andy wandered up after.a couple of hours I only.had two small carp and a pair of plippy roach and my lonesome skimmer, there were fish across,  it as I fed with the carry they were not really coming off the weed line, I asked Andy if I could have gone round  and cleared the far bank, and he said I could of, I was tempted.to go round and do it now,  it with people fishing the far side I didn't think it would be fair, but I was fishing in three foot of water which was to deep, as the fish were coming up, but due to the weed bits under water  the rig wouldn't sit right, first mistake, second mistake.was.to continue with the catapult, I should have started.potting as I think the fish would have stayed down, but you never know, I did get a few shallow, but the best rig was a full depth rig but fished lightly shouted and catching on the drop, I also had a few on hard pellet down the middle, including my best three fish , 4 to 5lb, but most other fish were small 1 to 2lb, plenty of indications in the last half of the match,   I was always trying to catch up but although I felt I was doing as well as the anglers to my left the slow start was going to cost me, by the end I thought I had at least 40lb, but to my left had caught more, to my right it had been even harder, elick won on the end peg with over 70lb, Chris had 60+ and baggy had 58., It was.enjoyable but a couple of stupid mistakes have cost me.a few fish,  it probably not enough ,
got to say Andy and Karen are doing a lovely job at the fishery it's looking really good, and the fish are in excellent condition, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment