Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 June 2020

Todber manor, hillview lake.

Today was meant to be a float only league match on hillview and homeground, but due to the covid pandemic and the league being cancelled, I ran it as a short pole match on hillview only, so all 28 pegs were in, I invested in a bingo ball thingy to do the social distancing draw, and it went very well. Judith came with me today and helped by recording the names, she put me down with her pet name for me, as you will see on the sheet at the end.I'm fairly sure some of you will agree 😂

Anyway bingo ball number 54 dropped out for me, it's a peg on the farside of the lake, plenty of room , but with the strong wind blowing mainly straight in but slightly from the right , I new presentation was going to be difficult with wind and trip going the same way, I set up three rigs, one for topset and one straight in front, one for the right hand margin in 10 inches of water and one for the left margin where it was a bit deeper at 15 inches, starting in front, feeding 6,s and banding an 8, I was soon getting bites, but as expected foulers were a problem, I fed some 4,a down each side , and the right hand side soon showed signs of life, but the left for some reason remained barren for most of the day, I shallows up so my bait was about 6inches off the deck, which seemed to help, looking around there seemed to be elastic coming out of most topsets, but niel Mercer was doing the best as far as I could see, on peg 50, catching on topset and one , then topset only towards the end of the match, I had a good spell in my right hand margin, but the left only gave me one small resident dark carp, at the end I thought I had about 220lb, but that was miles behind niel aswell as a few others, so no chance of getting in the main frame, as it turned out niel won with 330lb+, followed by Martin rayet on peg 45 with 321lb, then Paul elmes on 48 had 298lb, I ended up with 243 for default section pick up, in all there was over 5200lb of fish caught which is phenomenal, and the fish are in brilliant condition, I didn't get round to taking any pictures, so all I've got is the sheets which are below .


No comments:

Post a Comment