Total Pageviews

Monday 29 June 2020

Monday shiplate

John dursley has organised some Monday matches at Shiplate, so today I found myself at the fishery with 14 others, it was nice to catch up with Steve and Carol as I haven't seen them for months.
Onto the draw which was done by John , he pulled out peg 5 for me, a good area for silvers recently, so I thought that may be the way to go, but I hadn't factored in the strength and direction of the wind.
So this will be a short one, due to a proper schoolboy error by me, I couldn't catch any skimmers , there were a few carp down the edges and I did manage to share 7 or 8 in the last 90minutes, with some nice fish up to probably 18lb.

So by the end I reckoned I would have 75lb+, So I packed my kit away, pulled the top part of the nets up onto the bank and went for a chat, as you do, it didn't take to long for Burnham on sea,s very own caped crusader, John dursley, aka drennan man got to our side of the lake, 

we went to my swim and there seemed to be something missing, oh yes I know what it is, it's my net with most of my fish in, aaaargh, John page managed to find it in the lake but the only thing left in it was water, luckily I never had enough to do any good , and it is the first time I have ever lost a net without going over the net limit, as I said earlier a schoolboy error, 😂, I think John page won from peg one, not to sure what with as I was wheel spinning out of the car park before they had even weighed him.😯.


No comments:

Post a Comment