Total Pageviews

Monday 6 July 2020

Sunday and monday

Booked into the Summerhayes match on sunday, I quite like the venue as it's mud bank fishing which I find interesting, and at times frustrating, Pete did the distancing draw and pulled out peg 36 for me, right in front of the hut, and a good peg for carp, nice and narrow(13 mtrs), which today was.going to help as we were going to have winds gusting to 40 mph, plenty of options to go at , nice left hand margin
Some nice mud on the far bank.
And the aerator off to my left.
So a rig for pellet under the bush to my left, a depth pellet rig for the far side and a shallow rig for against the mud, and lastly a rig for meat by the aerator, 
Pete called the all in and I went straight across on the depth rig, I had a carp fairly quickly, then just liners, but it didn't take too long for slurpers to start showing, so it was out with the shallow rig, pulling it right against the mud, which was working ok, and I was putting a steady run of smallish carp into the net, towards the end the wind for to strong so I switched to the meat line and the margin line , and added a few more fish, which to be fair were slightly larger, on the all out I new I had just over 100lb, and as one as first to weigh, that was confirmed as the scales read just over 112lb, just aboriginal on the day, best me.old mate Glen Bailey by 2lb, then Gary Bowden had just over 100lb, weigh sheet below.
Onto Monday at it was the John dursley rip off on the canals at shiplate, I fancied a day on Hawthorn as I haven't been on there for about 3 years, but no John pulls me out peg 13 on westpool, oh well, just got to get on with it, 

for company I had james(cookie) cool on end peg 15, and Lee Williams on 11. Rigs today were a mugging rig as some fish were mooching about, mostly moving to quickly, but enough going slowly enough to be viable, a right hand margin rig for pellet , and a meat rig to my left at the bottom of the margin shelf, and a far bank depth rig for pellet, but that rig was never used, I spent most of the day mugging, swinging an 8mm pellet at any fish I saw, and I had quite a few, towards the end I had a few down each side , but 90% of my weight came on the mugger, I do enjoy doing this, see a fish and try and catch it, it's all about getting to land your pellet in the sweet spot for these cagey fish to take it, I love it. On the all out I new I had over 200lb, but I had a bit more as my nets went 233lb 6oz for first on the day , and also a new top match weight for the lake, so happy days, weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment