Total Pageviews

Monday 13 July 2020

John dursley thursday open, shiplate main lake

Only 13 booked in for this, then we had a couple of no shows, so down to 11, plenty of room for all then, John did the social distancing draw and pulled out peg 6 for me, a good silvers swim, plus carp are always going to put in an appearance at some stage.

 I decided to go primarily for silvers, so I set up a .3g pencil with an 18 b960 on .16 for banded 6mm hard pellet over hard 4,s, two lines one at topset and two and the other at 13 mtrs, it was the same.depth, a meat rig for the margins and a shallow mugging rig just incase, tried for a couple but they didn't play ball, so that rig was out to one side, the margin meat rig never happened, I had one eel and a carp to my left and a skimmer to my right. I spent most of the match fishing the short line, and I've had a lovely day catching skimmers on the hard pellet, plus a few rogue carp, I thought I had about 45lb of carp, but never had a clue as to how many skimmers I had in my two silvers nets, when the scales got to me Jamie Cooke was top on 15 with 150lb, and ade bishop on 10 had 69lb of silvers, my silvers went 86lb and my few.carp helped me.to 129lb, a great days fishing, at a lovely venue.
The match was won by Andy fry on peg 2 with 216lb, well done matey, beating Steve Jackson on peg 1 into second place with his 183lb, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment