Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Shiplate farm, float only match

This was going to be a date for the float only league but as we all know due to the man made pandemic most leagues this summer were cancelled, I've got my dates in for next year for the leagues but no doubt some fool will let another virus loose or the one we have will rest it's head again, only time will tell,
Back to today I ended up with 43 fishing but the venue is more than large enough to accommodate these numbers as the pegging for the best part is well spaced. The canals are a bit tighter but I made sure everyone had an empty peg on one side of them.
Draw.underway and I let Ryan Jordan draw for me as I always have a quid with him, oh and what a suprise, he pulls me out peg 8 on the squircle, not complaining as I was going to catch plenty as it's full of smallish carp, never going to win the match today so a section win was my only hope.
I enjoy this type of fishing, up on the mud on the far side, but the level was down about 8inches, so only 6inches deep against the bank, but I know the fish will still be in there, for company I had Clayton Hudson to my left on 6 and Paul elmes to my right on peg 10, so as I said plenty of room for all today, it was going to be a hard section to win as the other anglers were all good .
Not to much to say tbh the match went as expected, I began feeding a couple of areas on the far side but started down the .middle, I had a few , but the far bank activity soon had me going across, and that was where I spent most of the match, catching spasmodically , enjoyable but never going to be quick enough to to bother Martin rayet on peg 13 by the water pump who had a good steady day to end up with just over 120lb , and a new lake best , so well done to him, as a whole the lakes fished really well Russ peck made no mistake on peg 1 on the main lake to win with 260+ which is a new best for him, well done.
The siver.weights were good again today with George Woodward on 14b having 82lb of skimmers , with lots of weights between 20 and 30lb, weigh sheets below show how well it fished , and it's a really nice place to fish well looked after and quiet, well not so quiet today as some fool down the road allowed a motocross rally to go ahead shame really, as it sounded a load of chainsaws going. I ended up with 82lb for second on the lake, and a quid off Ryan Jordan, serves him right for drawing me the peg LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment