Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 July 2020

Landsend open

Struggling to find a match for this weekend so I decided to run one myself, a quick call to Landsend and managed.to get the match lake, only going to have 15 fishing but ended up with twenty, so the fishery allowed me.to use 58 to 70 on lake three, thanks for that.
I did the draw with the bingo ball machine and ball 24 popped out for me, happy with that peg, especially as it had top weight the day before, it's a nice peg with a long end bank margin to fish along, it always holds fish.
I had Chris fox to my left and Glen Calvert opposite on peg one. I set up a meat rig for topset and two, a mugger rig and a couple of pellet rigs for along the bank, one at 13 mtrs and another at 14 mtrs where it was about 12 inches deeper than the 13 mtr line, 
I called the all in, and began on the short pole meat line, I stuck here for the first hour and was rewarded with two carp and a hybrid, not much but no one else was doing particularly well so I was my to worried, I had been firing some pellets along the bank the whole time, or at.least when I remembered,😏, there were a few.fish cruising about, but they just weren't interested, but luckily I was getting some fish along the end bank, I had been feeding 6,s , and was fishing an 8 in the band, by now most people I could see were catching a.few, but I thought I was just ahead of most , after about 3 1/2 hours I managed a few muggers, but just as quickly as the fish switched on for this method, they stopped, so it was back down the bank. I had only fished the 13 mtr but up till now, it for the last hour I switched to 14 mtrs, a good move as I had several more carp from here.
I reckoned on having 120lb, but hoped for a bit more, by the time.The scales.Got to me Clayton Hudson on 19 was top with 119lb, but I was ok as my nets went 140lb , too weight on the lake but beaten into second place by Dan Russell on peg 58 with 148lb, only his second match so well done matey. Weigh sheets below.

I did have a.sausage and bacon roll delivered to my peg, and it was.very nice aswell.
Off to Shiplate again tomorrow for another John dursley rip off, looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment