Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 August 2020

Thursday and sunday

Firstly back to huntstrete on Thursday for the fortnightly coffin dodgers match, I was hoping for a peg away from the roadside , and I got my wish as Dave Gillard pulled me out peg 18, I like the peg but due to numbers peg 17 was in, and I always feel a bit cut off in this bay, but still plenty of options , a bush to my left, and a long margin to my right going into the corner of the lake, I've had a bit of a non event day to be fair, started in front of the bush in 7 foot of water on hard 6,s over 4,s, I had a few roach ,skimmers and small tench but it soon dried up, so I came down the left hand side to the bush, had a 5lb carp and lost a couple , so down the right and had some f1,s and a couple of small carp, I also lost a few around the "fish refuge", basically it's a horrible snag which the carp take great delight in going around when hooked , there is also one in peg 19, I don't really see as they serve any purpose apart from potentially damaging fish and losing anglers tackle in, it was a hot day and I was suffering a bit by the end, to hit for me, Mike nicholls fished his paste approach, which he does well and won easily on a difficult day with 56lb, second went to Paul barnfield on peg one with 38lb.Top silvers.weight was dave(diddlybonk) haines on peg 28 with 29lb, caster on his topkit, as he does, well done, weigh sheets below.

Today it was down to Landsend fishery for a float only match from my cancelled league, forty spread over three lakes, I let kev winstone draw for me , he gave me 58, lovely, my favourite peg on lake three, then promptly drew 46 for himself, not so good it has to be said, poor old kev he is having a bit of a hard time lately, struggling to catch, but I think I know why, he dropped his glasses in the car park after the match, and I got to say I don't think his eyesight is good enough to see out of these.
My swim looked good as normal, 

the water levels are well down meaning I only had 2 foot at the deepest part of the swim, and that was up to my right at 14 mtrs by the banker part of the swim which is by a large weedbed, so I set up to fish on the deck out by the island and with alright adjustment would do for up by the weedbed, a margin rig, a meat rig, and a mugger, as there were a few fish about , opposite I had Ryan Jordan on 55, so I could keep an eye on the quid side bet, again I've had another day which doesn't take to much explaining, no bites on the meat line, none in the margin, one bite at depth from the island, one bite up by the weedbed, all my other fish came on the mugger rig, but it wasn't easy , enough fish about to have a good weight but the fish had other ideas, it was a day for persevering, covered loads of fish but only odd fish had a go, I managed to annoy enough the win the lake with 88lb, but that was only worth a section win as the other lakes had bigger.weights, Paul elmes on peg 11 won with 140lb+, then Anton page on 3 was second with 133+, followed by Vince shipp on peg 31 , also with over 130lb, so it fished ok, with no one running away with it, and chatting to Gary Anderson and his fishery boss there are.plenty of plans in the pipeline to improve the fishery, obviously these things aren't going to happen overnight , so be a bit patient as improvement,s are on the way, weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment