Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Weds open shiplate farm

Not surprisingly with the cold winds and a partially frozen lake only 12 decided to brave it, everyone was ready for the draw early ,mainly as mike west wasn't fishing so everyone was on time, I let travelling partner for the day,Aaron brittnell draw for me and he handed me peg 1 which has won. The last two matches I have run on this lake so I was happy enough, the last match was wonbyclint wojtyla with a couple of. Bream and carp for about 27lb but the match before that Martin lenaghan won with nearly 90lb catching carp down to the boat jetty, but that would have involved some major ice clearing to let me do that as the right hand margin down to the jetty  had ice coming out 5 mtrs, so to clear that to 16 mtrs and out so I could get the fish out was more than I wanted to do, and it probably cost me a couple of fish but I just couldn't be assed, plus I never had. Enough time to do it if I wanted to start on time, is I just broke a bit here and there and poked it around so as I could fish 3 areas at 14 mtrs, I did clear my right hand margin. To 7 mtrs but I never had a bite there so that was a waste of line and effort.
My only other rig was a 4x14 rig with a middy 6313  size 18 on .10 , a quick plumb round at 12/2 and 3 o,clock angles  revealed it was getting deeper from right to left with a depth difference of.  12 inches between12 and. 3 with the deeper water to my left, with the deepest part being only 3 1/2 feet deep, at the start I cupped in a small ball of  g bait in at the 2 angle with some dead mags  and caster in then sprinkled some dead mags and casters on the 12&3 angle, starting on single dead red over the g bait it took me 30 mins to get a bite and that was from a 2oz chublet and I had three more in the next three put ins before they buggered off, so I tried the12 swim and had a couple more, a look at the 3 swim produced nothing , so I went back over the g bait line but started cupping a few mags and casters in some cloudy g bait and had another chublet before I hooked what I thought was a good bream but it was a 4 lb carp that fought like a bream which was dead handy. By now andy hembrow over on 13 had taken. A couple of carp and was catching skimmers, and with no one doing much he was leading easily, by now my chub. Had disappeared and I couldn't raise a bite anywhere, I did hook 4 more carp from the 3 swim landing 3 of them and I did snare a 4 lb bream inthe last hour  from the 2 swim but it was never going to be enough to win as andy over on 13 had 4 carp. 2 bream. And lots of. Small fish  he had more than enough to win as he had 15.2 of silvers and his 4 carp went 24.12 for a total of 39.14 and first in silvers and overall
2nd was me with 25.1 peg 1
3rd aaron brittnell 17lb on peg 11
4th Alan oram 10.4 peg 7
5th Anton page 7.12 peg 13
And. No one else. Bothered the scales with nick collier doing his famous swinging door impression well before the end complaining of cold hands ,
Oh we'll it's off to viaduct fishery for the start of the winter league on Sunday but if the weather men have got it right we may not be able to get there , oh well.


3 comments:

  1. If I'm correct that's 3 flyers (best pegs on the lake) you have drawn in a row and failed to win of either one is old age finally taking its toll and the old slayer coming to an end

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad I stayed in the office today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the best of weather but it is always good to read about someones fishing experiences. Thanks

    ReplyDelete