Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 June 2013

Top two plus two on Campbell lake , viaduct fishery

As always these short pole matches are popular affairs, so popular that from the original twenty that booked ten cancelled with some at short notice but I still had no trouble in still getting the twenty pegs filled, I drew of myself today and still managed to pull a flyer in the shape of 135 which is on the end carpark bank on my own, it's not a peg that's normally in on an any method match as you would find yourself  competing with the anglers first up on each side for fishing space, but being only limited to 5 mtrs it wasn't going to be an issue today , for company I had Alex Murray on 110 who provided some of the entertainment today as he had a proper gripe at the ea bailiffs who were doing a check on licences, it go so bad they were considering calling the police to get him arrested, but luckily I think Paul and steve managed to convince them that he had a few mental issues going on and they left without pursuing it.
Back to my swim and there were a few fish (lots actually) on the surface so I set up the stalker rig to slap a pellet around, a deep pellet rig for 4 mtrs and a meat rig for 5 mtrs and a meat rig for the margins, as the whistle went the surface fish. Did there normal disappearing act, they must hear the all in. I fed all lines including a few pellets tight in down the margins ,and it wasnt long before there were signs of life down there, I did get one shallow but the fish had moved out to 10 mtrs and beyond , they must have known we couldn't follow them, so after a fruitless further 30 mins chasing the occasional shadow I dropped the stalker rig down the edge , but already I could foresee a problem with the margins a the slight breeze was blowing the white fluffy stuff from the willows into the edge , during the match it was at times a mtr out from the bank and you can't get a bait through it (a time for paste) it had been a bit of a slow start for most except glen bailey on 112 who had a flying start on the paste, but as so often happens in these short pole matches , the fishing gets better as the match progresses, the 4 mtr pellet line produced nothing , but the 5 mtr meat line ended up being the most productive, this was going to be a hard match to call as plenty of people seemed to be catching , Alex on 110, glen on 112, den on 114, silverfox on 128 and plenty of others seemed to hav a bit of splashing going on, by the end I had 21 or 22 carp plus a few tench and with a few doubles and a good average stamp I thought I would have about 150lb, I wasn't to far out as I was first to weigh and
My fish went167.2. But that was only good enough for second as glen bailey on 112 ended with 174.5. Proving that he isn't always a bridesmaid on the commercials
3rd was mike nicholls on 128 with 158.10
4th dean malin on 114 with 154.13
5th Alex Murray on 110 with 150.2
6th nick Ewers on 115 with 148.15
Silvers went to dan white on 121 with 36.7 of mainly tench
In all there were 14 weights over 100lb and it was a good close match , I am running a short pole match at landsend Sunday and with nearly 30 booked in so far , that is going to be just as popular.
The second piece of entertainment came from Jason Radford whose number 4 snapped towards the end, and it ended up in front of deans peg, so Jason was stood with dean on his platform trying to
Decide what to do, big mistake dean made the decision for him and just pushed him in , lucky that the
Water levels are down a bit a Jason is only 5ft tall but even he managed to stand up out at 16 mtrs,
But he retrieved he's sections , but he had to run around a bit to dry out enough for me to allow him to
Travel home in my van

No comments:

Post a Comment