Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 February 2015

Landsend individual league , round 3

I was up on lake three today and after another frosty night I fully expected to have some ice to break. Speaking to mike duckett the owner when I got there , he reckoned it wouldn't be to bad , with a lot of it being only cat ice, I wouldn't like to see the size of the cats down as lake three was 10mm thick. Into the draw tin and peg 62 stuck to my hand, I would have preferred to draw one of the corners as they have been the most consistent , but 62 may be ok as it was second on the lake last round,
The ice was quite difficult to deal with, not to hard to crack but it left big pieces which needed to be broken onto smaller pieces to net out, by the time I had broken it and cleared it to the island at 14 mtrs and cleared down my left hand margin to a sunken bush I only had 25 mins to tackle up,  just about managed it in time , but it was only two rigs, both 4x12 pencils , one for 13 mtrs in front foot maggot over soaked micros and 4,s and the other for banded 6mm hard pellet pellet over loose fed 4,s down the left to the bush, out in front I had cut a wide channel probably 12 foot wide, I fed each side of it with a few micros and a couple of dead maggots. And fed some 4, s down the left side towards the bush with a catty. I needed a section win today to stand any chance of any league money , but with trig Edmunds on fancied peg 58 and Adrian jeffery who has been catching well recently on end peg 70 it looked to be a hard task, also with Dan white  on 66 , Russ peck on 68 and mr draw bag himself  Adrian Clark next door on 61.
It took 15 mins to get my first bite on the right hand side of my channel and that was a carp of about 3 1/2 lb. I switched to the left hand side after re feeding the right and had a 6oz skimmer, so fed a bit more there and went to the right and had another skimmer then another carp from that side , so I fed it again and went to the left but didn't get a bite so it was into the right side again and had an f1 then another carp, and that was the end of any bites to the right, the rest of the match was a case of feeding a bit and waiting for a bite , the left hand of the channel was good for me as was the margin , by the end I had 15 carp, 9 from n front on maggot and 6 down the edge on banded 6mm pellet for what I thought would be between 65 and 70lb, the only threat on the lake was from ade jeffery on 70 who was admitting to 14 carp but they tend to be smaller on that end peg  , and that turned out to be the case with my fish going 66.14 with ade,s fish going 45.7.
First on the day was nick chedzoy on 31 on the speci lake with 83.9. Again on hard pellet over towards the island
2nd ian brownsell on 33 with 68.7
3rd me 66.14
4th ade Jeffrey on 70 with 45.7
5th steve Seager on 11 with 28.8
6th John Bradford on 41 with 24.14
I had steve Seager in the  k/o today so he,s gone then lol.
This Thursday it's back down to emerald again, there are a few spaces left so again ring me at veals on 01179260790 to book in or ring or txt me on my mobile ,
Don't forget the veals super sale starts next Saturday on valentines day , plenty of bargains !!!!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment