Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 February 2015

Landsend league round 4

Back to a random draw again today to determine sections for the following rounds, I was near the front of the queue again today, and with mark poppleton appearing to wave the white flag on. The series the. Normal banter was missing,
Into the draw bucket and out comes 34 which is definitely a good draw on the. Speci lake, for company I had Kieran guppy on 33 to my left and Tom cruises body double Pete nurse on 36, today I was going to keep it mainly simple , just pellets ,4,s to feed and a banded 6 in the band on the trusty b960 hook on ,16 line, two rigs one for 15 mtrs to my left towards the end of the island down the shelf and the same rig same distance to my right using a 4x12 float. The other rig was a 4x10 float for against the island in 2 foot of water, the weather was supposed to kick up a bit later with strong southerly winds and a dose of heavy rain, and it didn't disappoint , we had rain for near enough the whole duration of the match, and it was straight into my face, the island did afford me a bit of shelter to fish in but poor Kieran had it straight in with no protection, it wasn't to long before the cold got into him and I could see the end of His pole trembling , due to him shivering.
Back to my swim and after talking to Adrian Clark who had fished a little while ago and had done well by not feeding a thing and just lifting and dropping a pellet under the bush on the far side, due to the water level being up there was no chance of fishing under the bush so I decided to fish my pellet along the island bank in front and along to the left, I find feeding nothing really hard to do so I fed the two deep lines only left and right but fed nothing where I was going to bounce the pellet around to cut a long story short I never picked up the deep rig and just fished up the island shelf for the whole match, I ended up with 27 carp into double figures , I only had three nets with me so when I had put 9 in each. Net I decided to pack up and that was about 25 mins from the end, but as far as I could see I had won the lake and more importantly the section so that keeps me in contention in the league, I stopped at 9 in a  net as there is an 80lb weight limitat this fishery and I thought I may be close to it, and I wasn't to far out as I ended up with 213.1 which is a good day whatever time of year, which was well enough for first on. The lake and overall on the day,
2nd went to Paul elmes on 15 with 110 lb
3rd nick chedzoy on 19 with 96.9
4th steve Seager peg 11 with 92.10
5th ken Rayner on 31 with 91.9
6th Gary oshea on 13 with 67.5
Top silver weight went to Russ peck on 42 with 10.10











No comments:

Post a Comment